Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i've been thinking alot lately about my next car purcahse.

Either way Im going to keep my 2007 Focus ST for winter/daily abuse

However the big debate is wether to spend 27-30k on a new ST when I can get a 2011 Mustang GT for the same price if not less. (Work at a dealership and have access to Ford Auctions)

While the ST would be a brand new car ie no miles, full warranty, and a more practical car, Its still not a Mustang

The Mustang has basically unlimited mods availible 150 more hp and alot quicker and will outhandle an M3 on the track

Thoughts?

Keep in mind my current Focus will be a winter car so thats not a concern

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Go for the ST. It won't have as high a production run, so you will have a less common car.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
If you are going to have a DD, then get the stang. One car, get the ST.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Agreed with most of what's above ... if you're like me and always need to be driving something with the option of going fast, the ST would be my choice for daily driver. Since you have a daily driver and are basically just buying a toy, the Mustang is the obvious choice.

I'm sure either car would give you a smile every time you drive it, but the Mustang won't leave you yearning for more and isn't so impractical that it can't be a daily driver if you want it to.

I specifically bought my Focus so I could put the Mustang in the garage and start doing some upgrades that might make it a little less enjoyable for daily driving. I'm kinda leaning towards trading the Focus in on a ST in a couple years though.

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
As long as the GT fits your life, from a practicallity stand point... If you need the extra doors or the space from a hatch back, go with the focus. Either way, both will be much fun. Just have to decide what you really want and if you can wait for the ST.

·
Registered
444 Posts
412 Horsepower. 390 ft Torque. Mustang GT

Nuff Said.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Kinda sad that no one else on Focus Fanatics is backing the Focus.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
318 Posts
Kinda sad that no one else on Focus Fanatics is backing the Focus.

Posted via FF Mobile
Its not that, we know that the new focus st is going to be an amazing add to the focus family, but compare numbers and how long the stangs legacy have been around and the semi-new 5.0 and upgraded suspension its just a new beast. Its also an amazin tuner car. Not that the focus won't be... well idk now I'm overthinking it. It wil all come down to the buyer, but definatly th mustang will not disapoint.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Its not that, we know that the new focus st is going to be an amazing add to the focus family, but compare numbers and how long the stangs legacy have been around and the semi-new 5.0 and upgraded suspension its just a new beast. Its also an amazin tuner car. Not that the focus won't be... well idk now I'm overthinking it. It wil all come down to the buyer, but definatly th mustang will not disapoint.
I've always liked inline motors. Four poppers and straight sixes. A V8 is too thirsty for me.

I'm also concerned to see that the mustang is being cross shopped with the Focus. That doesn't bode well for a long run on performance Focii.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
People are just being logical. I plan on only having one car, so I'm likely going to get an ST, but if I was going to rock two cars, I'd do a 5.0 track pack, brembo all day.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
I think we're 99.99% for the Mustang here. I love my focus, but I LOVE my Mustang!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've always liked inline motors. Four poppers and straight sixes. A V8 is too thirsty for me.

I'm also concerned to see that the mustang is being cross shopped with the Focus. That doesn't bode well for a long run on performance Focii.

Posted via FF Mobile

The thirsty part absolutly, but if you can afford it hopefully that would be the least of your worries, but you are right we are talking about 2 different cars never ment to be competed with one another. But I doubt it would be the down fall of the focus. [If that's what you mean by " long run on performance focii"
And yeah generally the muscle cars have lower revs, and four bangers higher revs makingthe power band a bit longer, but we are forgetting the biggest aspect ~ front engine front wheel drive~ focii to the ~ front engine real wheel drive~ stang. There will be A LOTof fun things that you will be able to do with the stang and the focii would only dream of being ale to do. Now idk if you can say the same of the focus to the stang.

So it comes to this if you want the focus to keep growing and hopefully and eventually maybe sometime in the future they can bring the RS over here , and you want to be unique hatchback much roomier and better gas mileage, focus st won't disappoint .

On the other hand , if you want pure performance of a n/a engine that can easily reach over 500 hp, and a car the has been around for almost 45 years for a reason, and they went all out with this model, and you don't mind gas prices. Stang gt without a doubt. But we start all over it always comes down to the opinion of the driver not the facts of the public.

P.S for about the same price you can have a "sleeper" or a Real Beast.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts