Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once you take off your rear badges, what are you using to get the sticky stuff off?
Ihave a grey color focus, is goof off or go be gone safe to use? Is there something better to use?

Thanks
J

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know I am going to sound like a complete idiot now -- but this post is referring to the 'very attractive' lettering my dealer put on the back of my car right? --- ex: blah blah ford dealership

that stuff can come off? If so, I so want it off of my car too

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, dental floss took them off. Sticky tape came off pretty easy with a rage sprayed with detailing wax. Then hit spots with regular wax, and you can't tell they were ever there. Pics will fallow soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, here is a couple comparison shots. I did have the Ford dealership badge on also, but didn't take a photo until I removed it. I really like the look with all the badges gone!!!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The sooner the dealer lettering is taken off, the easier it is to get off.
I took mine off the day i brought it home
One point is if you take of The Focus, and model SAVE THE PARTS.
Then when you trade it in, you will have all the original parts. Some dealers will deduct for the missing bits on a trade in. They really want a stock car that looks just like the day it was made.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I know I am going to sound like a complete idiot now -- but this post is referring to the 'very attractive' lettering my dealer put on the back of my car right? --- ex: blah blah ford dealership

that stuff can come off? If so, I so want it off of my car too
The stick-on vinyl lettering that most dealerships apply can usually be removed with a pressure washer. Just shoot it at a really shallow angle, up close, so that the high-pressure water stream lifts the edge of the vinyl up. Once you get it started, it will just fly off.

And Elizabeth is right. The sooner you attack it, the easier it will come off.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The stick-on vinyl lettering that most dealerships apply can usually be removed with a pressure washer. Just shoot it at a really shallow angle, up close, so that the high-pressure water stream lifts the edge of the vinyl up. Once you get it started, it will just fly off.

And Elizabeth is right. The sooner you attack it, the easier it will come off.
+1 took me 2 minutes when I got home from the dealership when I picked up the car, lol and I did it by hand.

·
Registered
191 Posts
3M makes an adhesive/bug and tar remover that you can get at any Auto Parts store. Fishing line is a good and easy way to remove the Dealer decal and Badges.
Debadged my Focus & Fiesta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
I like it with the focus and trim level badges on. I pulled the dealer sticker off on day one and it was easy to just peel it off. It would be nice if the focus badge was magnetic so you could easily remove it when waxing up. Not sure how well it would hold up though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
well if you take it off intact you can always stick a few small high-powered magnets to the back of it.

personally. i like mine on there.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

hated the BOLD titanium badge, said too much of "look at me I am the TITANIUM" [eek]

was hesitant at first, but just went for it...dental floss and a little bit of wiggling, balled/peeled off foam sticky backing, goo goned it up, and a good small cleaning left it spotless as if it never existed [;)]

·
Registered
211 Posts
I took off my SE badge... the Focus badge looks okay to me.
same here... and all I did is tell the dealer "if you put one of those stupid stickers on my car, I will make you take it off in front of me and you better not screw it up"

point is, tell them to not put a sticker on it lol [clap]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just did mine today after reading how easy it seemed. I bought Goo Gone. I used dental floss to lift the badges off and then rubbed Goo Gone on the sticky stuff. Didn't mess up my paint and looks great. Glad I read this topic. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
3M makes an adhesive/bug and tar remover that you can get at any Auto Parts store. Fishing line is a good and easy way to remove the Dealer decal and Badges.
Debadged my Focus & Fiesta!

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Do you have any more pictures of that sedan? That thing looks sinister!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealer badge never has to be put on your car, its as simple as telling them you don't want it on there.

but dental floss and goo gone is a simple PITA free way to remove your decals.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts