Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm gonna debadging the 'focus' out of my SVTF later this week. I read the HOW TO and it said to clean the surface with the clay bar after applying the detailer. Now, is it completely necessary to use the clay bar or can I skip that step? But if the finished product looks better after using the clay bar then I guess I'll run out and buy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would, definately. You will be amazed at how smooth the surface of your car will be after you use they clay bar. It's cheap ($10), it's easy, and it makes the paint so smooth, you won't believe it. You will then want to do the whole car. Espcially with a dark colored car.

·
2,272 Posts
All I used was a hairdryer, soapy water and a sponge and you can never tell there was a focus badge there. So no the claybar is not necessary but it's always nice to use [:)]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Claybar == teh win! I clay mine twice a year. Even if you don't use it to debadge your car, you will still be delighted at how much better your car will look after claybarring it.

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
as others have said, the clay is in no way necessary. It's nice for the whole car, and like I have said before it's God's gift to cars. The stuff is simply amazing, but you can wait to buy a kit until you are ready to do your whole car with it. When I debadged my car, I just used WD40 and my fingernails.

·
Registered
174 Posts
True. When I debadged mine, I used fishing line to get the emblems off, my fingernails to get the remaining foam off and then goof-off to get the adhesive off. It was smooth enought that I did not have to clay bar it and then I waxed the area.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback. I went out to both Pep Boys and Autozone and neither had it. Where else could I get one?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I dont know why you couldnt find it at autozone....I work at one in FL and they have like 3...are you sure you didnt pass it by? Its in a red box with a pic of the Bar in the front

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No man I asked someone and we looked all over the place. I didn't see it a Pep Boys either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts