Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.... so I am getting ready to do my first Lancer mod... a debadge. Basically, I want to take the 'Mitsubishi' and 'Lancer' off the trunk, and possibly relocate them to the upper part of the front grille.

Anyone have any pictures of this? Is it a good idea, or no? I was thinking of painting the lettering the same Octane Blue as my car's exterior, and then I was gonna paint the Diamond badge on the back BLACK.

Another idea, was to get all black lettering that spells L A N C E R, and put that ont he back of the car under the blacked out mitsu badge.

Stupid idea? Good idea? The mod bug is itching at me, so I have to do SOMETHING

Oh.. and if the mountin to the front grille idea is an option, should i just use Gorilla Glue, or something else?

Thanks for all your advice and opinions in advance.

Here's a couple shots if someone wants to play PhotoShop (a program in which I have no skills whatsoever)

Thanks Again!

(Don't worry, Dealer badging and plate will be removed)

Mitsubishi on the Left, Lancer on the Right, with the DIamond in between.

·
Registered
383 Posts
pretty car... i beat one a couple days back from a role lol. looks good but needs a drop.

i think it would look cluttered with all the badges in the grill imo

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
remove everything, and keep them off, maybe stick them to your desk or toolbox...

Remove the mitsu symbol badge on the back too, make that baby smooth.

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
keep the grill clean like it is now, i would say paint them to match or at least get rid of the diamond badge all together, and leave the lancer badge. personally i think the cleaner the better

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to get RID of ALL the badging.. I can go without doing it to the grill, but I definitely want that Mitsu badge on the back... a fully debadged Lancer trunk looks... really naked

See what i mean?

·
Registered
79 Posts
idk I would say go clean. But if you dont like doing that idea go with the black Lancer symbol under the diamond in the back. and Paint your front diamond the blue of the car :)

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
yeah does look a little naked the mitsu badge looks too generic, i would just leave the lancer then, of get rid of both the mitsu and lancer and leave the diamonds

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would look sick man
Hehehe.. I asked a lot of different q's... so WHAT would look sick?

THere's some options to choose from.. hehe.. thanks for the compliment though....

and here's another picture of a Lancer with what I want to do with the front badging.. possibly...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But keep it silver, or paint it the blue color of my exterior?

The chromeish grille surround is going too.. most likely going all black, or colormatching exterior.

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
i like the "lancer" symbol besides the mitsu badge.. i think u should do it :)

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
I don't want to get RID of ALL the badging.. I can go without doing it to the grill, but I definitely want that Mitsu badge on the back... a fully debadged Lancer trunk looks... really naked

See what i mean?

It would not look as bad as that cause of the contrast of blue and red lights vs allllllll red!

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
i say debadge it all the way so it can be as smooth looking as a babys ass. and color match the chrome grill surrond and removed the middle triangle off the front grill as well, so it will look like a shark and people wont know what she is.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Oh.. and if the mountin to the front grille idea is an option, should i just use Gorilla Glue, or something else?
Don't use Gorilla glue, if it gets out on the sides it will look really bad. Go to home depot and get some spray adhesive if you decide to do this. That's What I have used in the past and it works good and if needed, comes off 100% easier that Gorilla Glue!

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
i say put lancer in the grill color matched and black out the grill. clean the back up but leave the diamond and paint it black. that should look nice.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
just move the lancer badge to the grille and eliminate the dealer/mitsu lettering off the back and leave the diamonds.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts