Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I tried to debage my car but I still cant get the sticky stuff left on after my letters have been taken off. I have used a clay bar but no luck and I dont know what do any help would be great!!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I perfer the more votile stuff, Goof-Off..

NO SMOKING... but it removes 99% of anything that comes stuck to the paint.

Look for the Yellow can, at your local hardware store. (at lowes hardware, by the paint aisle)

·
Registered
367 Posts
focus_racer19 said:
ok so I tried to debage my car but I still cant get the sticky stuff left on after my letters have been taken off. I have used a clay bar but no luck and I dont know what do any help would be great!!
Go-gone, polish and a buffing machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just did mine today cuz i was bored. I took the letters off then just kinda used my finger to rub the black foam off. I got some simple green and cleaned the sticky stuff then got some rubbing compound and rubbed it out. took me about 20 minutes to finish. Looks nice.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so goo-gone, simple green, or goo-off? Ok ill do it when I get home I guess I'll deal with the jacked up back end for now. :(

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
i just heated briefly with blow dryer, peeled off the letters, then kinda rubbeb the excess sticky stuff off with my thumb and then waxed the area.cam up good....

good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used goof-off as well. No problems.

Pictures were taken on my nextel.. its like everyone else's that posted the pic.. not a trace of anything.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I got it done with GOOF OFF!!! WARNING:: Goof Off smell pretty bad!! Ill have pictures up soon, thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
When I took of the "Focus" and "zx3" I used nail polish remover and it did not
damage the paint one bit, it just took off the car wax that was on there but
thats an easy fix.....more wax.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
but it removes 99% of anything that comes stuck to the paint.
Including vital oils your paint needs. If you do use it be sure to go over the area with a sealent and a wax.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Use a bug and tar remover, leave it on for about 10 mins, take it off with a rag, make sure its dry, then polish over, i hope it helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts