Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just debadged my car and there is still a faint outline of the letters anyone know how i can remove it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used turttle wax bug and tar remover, worked like a charm looks like nothing was ever there. Also if that doesn't work use a heat gun and try scraping some more with a plastic scraper of some sort.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I used some scratch-x on the area where the badge was, and now you cant even tell the badge was ever there. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
might want to clay bar it to if there is any excess dirt. Then bug/tar remover and a good coat of wax should do it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Scratch Doctor is what I used, worked like magic.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pics coming soon i just got my DD subs and box in my trunk so i have to take pics of that too

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gizmo88 said:
you need;

dental floss, credit card, hair dryer, goo-gone, paper towels, wax.

i had all that and i still have a faint outline of where the letters were

·
Registered
387 Posts
I used "Opps Addhesive Remover"

·
Registered
273 Posts
lol

hey i just used "mean grean" this like degreaser stuff
haha and i didnt even use floss i just heated mine up with hair dryer and peeled them rite off
[thumb]
hope that helps

·
Registered
164 Posts
I used simple green and my finger tips to rub most of it off. Wiped of the excess with a towel, and repeated this about 3 times. For the little bit left that would not come off i used some "Stick off" that i found lying around in my garage. Apparently its made for taking of sticker residue, worked great. Wiped clean with a towel and a little water and you can never tell it was there!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ive used scratch X and bug and tar remover and theres still a faint outline around where the letters were...someone please helpp meeeee

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
You could try taking a dryer sheet (Bounce or whatever you may use) and soaking it in warm water. Use it like a rag and in a washing motion go over the area where the outline is. After you have used the dryer sheet for a while, rinse off any residue it may leave and see if it makes any difference.

I've used bug/tar remover and various other products in an attempt to remove dirt, grime, bugs, etc from my front bumper and nothing I have ever used has worked better than a bounce sheet soaked in warm water. I don't know why, but I have found it to work rather well. Perhaps it will help you with your outlines.

Cheers!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
W~Phoenix~{RC} said:
You could try taking a dryer sheet (Bounce or whatever you may use) and soaking it in warm water. Use it like a rag and in a washing motion go over the area where the outline is. After you have used the dryer sheet for a while, rinse off any residue it may leave and see if it makes any difference.

I've used bug/tar remover and various other products in an attempt to remove dirt, grime, bugs, etc from my front bumper and nothing I have ever used has worked better than a bounce sheet soaked in warm water. I don't know why, but I have found it to work rather well. Perhaps it will help you with your outlines.

Cheers!
thanks ill try it as soon as i can

1 - 20 of 29 Posts