Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
If you were to trade in a 7 year old car with a decent amount of mileage on it they could care less they're just going to send it off to auction. The Focus has terrible resale value due to the transmission nonsense.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I’m amazed when I see 2017-2018 Titanium’s selling for as little as 13k. Ford basically has to give them away. With that said, the cars still have a ton of options & look great, if the buyers can get over the DCT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
POKERRUN i here you there man. I was going to say the exact same thing you said. I see mostly the 2017 and 2018's that have 20 something thousand miles on them due to being rental cars. But yeah, it's crazy. I heard a small rumor today from the Ford dealer by me. He thinks they are going to bring the 2019 Focus here in the middle of this year only for 2019 and there will be a limited amount of them made. Kinda like the RS. If this is true, i'll buy one and keep it for a long time. [woot]

·
Registered
830 Posts
POKERRUN i here you there man. I was going to say the exact same thing you said. I see mostly the 2017 and 2018's that have 20 something thousand miles on them due to being rental cars. But yeah, it's crazy. I heard a small rumor today from the Ford dealer by me. He thinks they are going to bring the 2019 Focus here in the middle of this year only for 2019 and there will be a limited amount of them made. Kinda like the RS. If this is true, i'll buy one and keep it for a long time. [woot]

Yea, the rental cars are typically a red flag for me & is probably why they’re priced so low. They drive the heck out of them for a year & then price them around 13-14k. I would like to drive a 2017/18 Titanium though, just to see if they still shudder & sputter on acceleration vs. my ‘13. A 2019 Focus would be nice, but I honestly can’t see myself ever buying a brand new car. I just really hate flushing money away on vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts