Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when I bought my car I ordered a remote start with it. I thought the remote start was installed via factory not separately ordered through another company. Well when my car got here I asked the sales person where my remote start fobs were he asked the floor manager right in front of me and with a smile on the managers face he said "I bet that its still in the parts department and not in the car." I was a little upset. So they set up an appointment to get it installed in the car well they didn't even have the part. they said since they order it from a third party that they have no idea when its gonna get here, I'm getting even angrier. So the part comes in and I wake up at 6 in the morning to get there by 7 and when I get to my car the battery is D.E.A.D dead i'm outraged at this point. also my intelligent access won't unlock the door but will lock it WTF? I took my car to the dealership to get the battery, intelligent access and remote start taken care of. They told me it would take the whole day i'm fine with that because i was off all day. 3 days later remote start was the wrong one, intelligent access problem is what made the battery die and they have to order 4 brand new door handles for the intelligent access. To put the cherry on top there are pretty BIG scratches on my roof and on the side of my car. What should I do? Can I tell the dealership to order me a brand new car? please help.
Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are you insinuating that the scratches are from the dealer working on it? Or did they happen during the brief period you were driving the car?

At the very least I would be demanding a loaner/rental car. At most, I would be calling ford customer service and making sure you document all the steps so far in your process. You can probably get your first month or so taken care of. Getting an entirely new car is probably not going to happen unless you are working with a fantastic dealership.

You are quite a bit away from being able to lemon law it also. Right now you just gotta hold out to see if they fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happened with the dealer working on it. He wanted to show me where the remote start receiver would be and when he closed my door I was looking at the roof and bam a scratch that snakes it's way to the door

·
Registered
781 Posts
i'd be all over that dealer if i were you. ford does sell 2 different remote starters, one for cars with IA and one without. you can't just throw any old remote start in, which is probably what your dealer did if they used a 3rd party one.

sorry to hear about your issues, but your dealer better make everything right, including repainting that car. good luck!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Any Ford accessories ordered from the factory are shipped out separate from the vehicle so that is true. By any chance did you leave your key in the vehicle the night before you went to start it at 6AM?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hate getting the dealer to install anything. When i had my 08 focus, I took it in for a oil change, and when I picked it up and got to the house I noticed when they rotated my tires and its like they threw 2 of my wheels face down on the concrete and spun them. I took it back and they said it was a faulty tire balancing machine? So IF that's the case why am I not presented that when I arrive? Because that's how most car dealerships are. So I feel your pain and understand poor workmanship. I really hope all works out with it and you get everything fixed that you should.

·
Registered
48 Posts
thats awful and i thought my problems were bad, i had the a/c compressor on my car burn out the first day, left a big black mess as the wires melted.. and it really stunk! but all new door handles, :( i feel for u!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'd be all over that dealer if i were you. ford does sell 2 different remote starters, one for cars with IA and one without. you can't just throw any old remote start in, which is probably what your dealer did if they used a 3rd party one.

sorry to hear about your issues, but your dealer better make everything right, including repainting that car. good luck!
Any Ford accessories ordered from the factory are shipped out separate from the vehicle so that is true. By any chance did you leave your key in the vehicle the night before you went to start it at 6AM?
I hate getting the dealer to install anything. When i had my 08 focus, I took it in for a oil change, and when I picked it up and got to the house I noticed when they rotated my tires and its like they threw 2 of my wheels face down on the concrete and spun them. I took it back and they said it was a faulty tire balancing machine? So IF that's the case why am I not presented that when I arrive? Because that's how most car dealerships are. So I feel your pain and understand poor workmanship. I really hope all works out with it and you get everything fixed that you should.
thats awful and i thought my problems were bad, i had the a/c compressor on my car burn out the first day, left a big black mess as the wires melted.. and it really stunk! but all new door handles, :( i feel for u!
First The guy told me after that there were 2 different remote starts but you'd think that when I ordered my car that the 3rd party company would sent the right one because i guess they get a detailed order sheet of what car its for.

Second no i didn't leave my key in there all the doors were closed. He said that the IA was what killed the battery somehow.

Third yeah its poor workmanship indeed. I think what makes me really angry is that this is the first new car I have ever owned. My wife and I are having a baby so i traded my 04 svt and got a 5 door TI. thanks for the support.

Finally yeah it sucks bad to have to get new door handles. Knowing my luck with this dealership is they send the wrong color door handle.

Thanks everyone so far on writing back and helping it means a lot!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
You need to contact Ford service support. Any company can build the best widget in the world but the buying public interfaces with the dealer/retailer and not the company, so bad dealers can sink a company. I bought mine used and seldom go to the dealer (had one free oil change and lifetime state inspections). Both times I was treated well and the car had the floor covers, seat covers, etc installed and they removed them as they handed the car back so I didn't have to deal with disposal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There always will be a dealer that works well for you and stands out. Like for instance, we have been buying fords from the same guy for probably 13-15 years great deals, no haggling and great financing.BUT when it comes to warranty work etc. I take my car to Bayway Lincoln Mercury. They work on all ford cars, being owned by Ford of course. And they always treat my car right and keep me updated throughout the day and are a pleasure to do business with. So you will find that dealer one day. It's a good source to have. To be able to walk into a dealer and not get ran over and mis-treated. I can't believe they scratched your car as well. I'm a paint freak that would've set me off on the spot. Call ford and document the case any little thing call about it. Ford customer service is pretty thorough. Good luck again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts