Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this dealer was great, they took great care of me repairing my transmission issue... now 18k later it's acting up again, but I'll get to that later...

So I have the issue where the dome light doesn't come on after the car sits more than 30 minutes. At the time I have no idea there is a TSB for it, I just know my dome light doesn't com on. I mention it a long time ago, at around 20k miles, and they say they couldn't replicate it... now at 36,002 miles when I drop it off, I had recently found the TSB 13-6-6 and they said they would have to charge me for it... What? Because the service adviser couldn't do his job and simply search for a TSB on a dome light they want me to pay for it now? He said he would check with his manager, see what he could do and give me a call... call never happens. They also said they couldn't duplicate the brake pedal squeaking on release, it does it 90% of the time, how hard would it be to put a drop of grease on it? It's annoying and embarrassing for a 2013 car to be doing this.

Now, back to the transmission: They said my car was within tolerance for the transmission shudder but didn't even provide an RPM number of the test on my paperwork. He knows I know ALL about the transmission but tries to offer me the stupid sheet on functionality of it. I KNOW the difference between a shudder and whats normal and this has developed a shudder. In fact it does it pulling out from there right after I talked to him!

Also the cargo cover snap broke off one of the sides, again 2 miles over so they want $75 for it...

I know that my transmission is covered to 7/100k for the shudder but what a horrible experience from a dealer I thought was trustworthy, now I'm being treated like an idiot that makes up things. I was going to maybe buy my wife's next car from there but no way in hell now!

Ford, if you want to save me as a future customer, one of your reps better PM me soon!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I thought this dealer was great, they took great care of me repairing my transmission issue... now 18k later it's acting up again, but I'll get to that later...

So I have the issue where the dome light doesn't come on after the car sits more than 30 minutes. At the time I have no idea there is a TSB for it, I just know my dome light doesn't com on. I mention it a long time ago, at around 20k miles, and they say they couldn't replicate it... now at 36,002 miles when I drop it off, I had recently found the TSB 13-6-6 and they said they would have to charge me for it... What? Because the service adviser couldn't do his job and simply search for a TSB on a dome light they want me to pay for it now? He said he would check with his manager, see what he could do and give me a call... call never happens. They also said they couldn't duplicate the brake pedal squeaking on release, it does it 90% of the time, how hard would it be to put a drop of grease on it? It's annoying and embarrassing for a 2013 car to be doing this.

Now, back to the transmission: They said my car was within tolerance for the transmission shudder but didn't even provide an RPM number of the test on my paperwork. He knows I know ALL about the transmission but tries to offer me the stupid sheet on functionality of it. I KNOW the difference between a shudder and whats normal and this has developed a shudder. In fact it does it pulling out from there right after I talked to him!

Also the cargo cover snap broke off one of the sides, again 2 miles over so they want $75 for it...

I know that my transmission is covered to 7/100k for the shudder but what a horrible experience from a dealer I thought was trustworthy, now I'm being treated like an idiot that makes up things. I was going to maybe buy my wife's next car from there but no way in hell now!

Ford, if you want to save me as a future customer, one of your reps better PM me soon!
Good or even adequate customer service seems to be quickly headed the way of the Dodo. Its sad.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good or even adequate customer service seems to be quickly headed the way of the Dodo. Its sad.
So true, and it's especially sad when they initially took great care of me and then just end up stiffing me like I was making stuff up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
So sorry to hear about this... I've been dealing with trans issues since purchase... 2 yrs and 4 months ago. Don't hold your breath hoping that Ford will help. Keep all of your service receipts!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So sorry to hear about this... I've been dealing with trans issues since purchase... 2 yrs and 4 months ago. Don't hold your breath hoping that Ford will help. Keep all of your service receipts!
To fill you in on the rest of the story, they DID do a full clutch and seal replacement after I had a "complete loss of power event" 3 days after getting it used with 18k miles... they were great taking care of me then, which makes it even more frustrating the way I'm treated now.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
TSB is paid for by Ford, no matter how many miles are on the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TSB is paid for by Ford, no matter how many miles are on the vehicle.
THANK YOU! This confirms my suspicion of the service advisor just blowing me off... wow, what a jerk to do that to me!

For anyone in the Portland, OR area AVOID Landmark Ford in Tigard! They will seem nice at first but then blow you off when you actually know what you are talking about and try to hold them accountable to fix your car!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
False, Dealers are usually under no mandate to call in cars for which there are TSBs to do the related repairs. Nor is there an obligation to do the TSB repairs for free or at reduced charges to the owner.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
False, Dealers are usually under no mandate to call in cars for which there are TSBs to do the related repairs. Nor is there an obligation to do the TSB repairs for free or at reduced charges to the owner.
OK, that's fair enough but when I make a complaint well under the 36k bumper to bumper warranty and they completely not do their job and don't search the TSB's for my issue, they should be trying to save face and covering me when it's only 2 miles over 36k by the time it gets to the shop... That is simply HORRIBLE customer service!

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
TSB is a DEFECT, there for MUST be corrected by the dealer, it is a SAFETY ISSUE. The labor and parts are then charged to the manufacturer. NON SAFETY isses can be "blown off". An issue that could cause a fire or electrical short in a vehicle, is a very good way to have a lawsuit handed to the dealer.

In you case I would contact the FCCR here on FF, they have their own group, and contact the http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners

Also I would print out the TSB, read it and see if there is guidence for owners outside their 3/36

Although my Jeep was beyond 100,000 miles, the new engine I had installed came with a new 7/100,000 warranty on it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TSB is a DEFECT, there for MUST be corrected by the dealer, it is a SAFETY ISSUE. The labor and parts are then charged to the manufacturer. NON SAFETY isses can be "blown off". An issue that could cause a fire or electrical short in a vehicle, is a very good way to have a lawsuit handed to the dealer.
To be honest, the dome light coming on is more a software bug/convenience issue and not a safety issue, but the point is that it's a simple fix and should be willing to take care of me, especially after I complained LONG before the warranty was up and they completely missed it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is the TSB. ALWAYS walk in with a copy of the TSB when requesting work. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...e6gOAB&usg=AFQjCNHg7obTNGUh_4HR1x2TPq7iEV1ukQ
I gave the service adviser the TSB # and he pulled up it up, read it in front of me and I confirmed that was the exact symptom I was having... he just said "OK, I'll talk to my manager and we should probably be able to get this covered for you, I'll give you a call back tomorrow and let you know..." Days later, no phone call.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
To be honest, the dome light coming on is more a software bug/convenience issue and not a safety issue, but the point is that it's a simple fix and should be willing to take care of me, especially after I complained LONG before the warranty was up and they completely missed it.
And you have checked the circuit to make sure it is a software issue and not a circuit issue?

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
I gave the service adviser the TSB # and he pulled up it up, read it in front of me and I confirmed that was the exact symptom I was having... he just said "OK, I'll talk to my manager and we should probably be able to get this covered for you, I'll give you a call back tomorrow and let you know..." Days later, no phone call.
So you have not followed up with a phone call yet?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And you have checked the circuit to make sure it is a software issue and not a circuit issue?
TSB # 13-6-6, Dome light will fail to come on after car has sat more than 30 minutes, need a simple BCM software flash... it works when you open the door after less than 30 minutes, the circuit is fine.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
TSB # 13-6-6, Dome light will fail to come on after car has sat more than 30 minutes, need a simple BCM software flash... it works when you open the door after less than 30 minutes, the circuit is fine.
And you know this how? How do you no the resistance load has not changed? What are the hi/low resistance numbers for the circuit?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it's a clear cut problem with a clear cut solution. It has been doing this since day one and nothing has changed in the symptoms.The bottom line is the dealer never addressed the problem while under warranty and now they won't help me. I'm looking for on topic replies please, not theories on how I'm wrong... simply not helpful at all and in fact borderline trolling...or is their something else I'm missing here?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts