Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please let me know what options could be installed by the dealer? Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dealers do the easy stuff, like cargo liners, mats, flaps, etc. Mostly stuff that can easily be plopped in or screwed on.

Want fabric and paint sealant, ask your dealer.

·
Registered
781 Posts
and most of the dealer installed options you can order yourself from various places online and install them yourself. some are simple (cargo liner) and some a little more difficult (remote starter). you'll save the installation fee and get the item cheaper.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not so sure about installing remote starter myself. I didnt include remote starter in my order and now i wish i did. How about other aftermarket parts like spoiler or wood dash trim, do you guys think dealer would install them for me? Thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
a dealer will be happy to install anything you are willing to pay them money to install, including a blender, mirrored disco ball, or aquarium. it's just a matter of forking over cash.

if you're really friendly with your dealer you can save some money by ordering the remote starter yourself, taking it over and paying them for the installation. you can even get a primed spoiler for $200 less than factory price. or just take it to any competent mechanic, they can probably do it as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
and most of the dealer installed options you can order yourself from various places online and install them yourself. some are simple (cargo liner) and some a little more difficult (remote starter). you'll save the installation fee and get the item cheaper.
I don't think you can get the remote start after the fact. Maybe an after market one, but not sure about the one you order with the car. While it is dealer installed - it may be that something is also done during manufacturing.

·
Registered
781 Posts
you absolutely can get and install the remote start after the fact, either the one way or the two way. both are dealer installed options, even when you factory order them. the remote start is simply shipped to the dealer and they do the installation after delivery. if you follow the link i have above you'll see you can order either unit for cars with and without IA. i spoke with partscheap.com and they said while it isn't as easy as installing a floor mat, it is entirely end-user installable (if you are comfortable working with car wiring and such), no programming needed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
you absolutely can get and install the remote start after the fact, either the one way or the two way. both are dealer installed options, even when you factory order them. the remote start is simply shipped to the dealer and they do the installation after delivery. if you follow the link i have above you'll see you can order either unit for cars with and without IA. i spoke with partscheap.com and they said while it isn't as easy as installing a floor mat, it is entirely end-user installable (if you are comfortable working with car wiring and such), no programming needed.
I would not recommend getting your remote start installed through the dealer. Most if not all dealers contract that out to local electronic chain stores such as circuit city. I would pick a reputable installer and get the starter from them and have them do the install. There are too many things that can be screwed up in a starter install. If you go through your dealer just be sure to ask who they send it to for the install.

·
Registered
237 Posts
"A dealer will be happy to install anything you are willing to pay them money to install, including a blender, mirrored disco ball, or aquarium. it's just a matter of forking over cash."

I gotta say that your idea of a blender installed is pretty sweet. I could mix myself up a batch of frozen daiquiris when I'm sitting in rush hour traffic.

It would be quite a hit with the lady friends as well............

[:)~]

·
Registered
82 Posts
We ordered the remote start with our car and I can confirm it is a dealer installed option. I can also confirm the dealer outsourced this activity.

When we picked up our car the antennae was mounted by the drivers sun visor - in plain site. Very conspicuous and distracting. We pointed out the better location (as shown in the Focus brochures) and the dealer said they didn't know why the contractor put it there. We had to work with the contracted person to get it fixed (not Ford and not the Dealership). What a hassle.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wish I had remote start. But I would rather it be installed from the factory so everything is on one key fob.

I had a clear bra and window tint installed when I bought mine. The clear bra was worth the money because I had a rock hit my car and caused the paint and clear bra to come off and they repainted the hood and reapplied the clear bra under the clear bra warranty and I got a rental car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts