Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DeadlyDean's Fall Project!!!!! (Euroness!) (((UPDATE 10/27/08)))

COMPLETE!!!

[√] Stage 1: Buy Euro Rear Wiper
[√] Stage 2: Order/Buy SVT Side Skirts, SVT Spoiler, Euro Rear Bumper
[√] Stage 3: Install Euro Rear Wiper
[√] Stage 4: Order/Buy Euro Key Bonnet Hood Latch and Lock
[√] Stage 5: Install Euro Key Bonnet Hood Latch and Lock
[√] Stage 6: Have Side Skirts, Spoiler, Euro Rear Bumper Painted
[√] Stage 7: Install SVT Side Skirts
[√] Stage 8: Install SVT Rear Spoiler
[√] Stage 9: Rewire Reverse, Braking and Separate Turning Signals
[√] Stage 10: Install Euro Rear Bumper
[ ] Stage 11: Repeat Stages 1 & 3

Pic of receiving svt side skirts:
needs paint and fitment.

Stage 3:
before

after

Stage 5:
will have an install pic soon

Stage 6:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (10/18/08)
with work and school, its kinda hard to everthing at once, so i have to installs by days. i finally installed the side skirts and they look amazing. they match the front bumper!!!:

and yes i know, my car is dirty lol.

and also, here are some bonus pics of my driveway, i hate it soooooo much. i cant even lower the car anymore! i can even try to side ways, buts still as bad.:

and here is a video of my hood latch(MUST WATCH!):

Stage 8 ((((UPDATE 10/24/08))):

Stage 10:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. the parts are being painted and will hopefully be ready for wednesday!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey Dean great looking car man! I can't wait to see it done. You Have to make the next Houston met. I would love to see this one in person.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
nice dean, get it done soon.

·
Banned
143 Posts
NOOO!!! no no no take off the bonnet key thing. im from australia where our foci are sourced from europe. that bonnet key latch has to be the WORST invention ever. its worse than gonorrheae (not that i'd know).

e.g. u start the car and notice a funny noise. u must then turn it off before u can open the bonnet and restart the car. this time there is no noise and u have to check it again later.

e.g. u start the car and just remember u installed a new sri that u want to show ur mate. car must be turned off, bonnet opened and car restarted before u can show it off and rev it up.

e.g u get into a crash and the key thing gets smashed in... how do u open the bonnet to check if the engine is ok?

e.g even doing regular things such as checking engine oil and air filter requires u to find ur key before u can start work

see my point? i hate that thing with a passion!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Where does one obtain the rear wiper arm like that??? Looks ALOT cleaner!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOOO!!! no no no take off the bonnet key thing. im from australia where our foci are sourced from europe. that bonnet key latch has to be the WORST invention ever. its worse than gonorrheae (not that i'd know).

e.g. u start the car and notice a funny noise. u must then turn it off before u can open the bonnet and restart the car. this time there is no noise and u have to check it again later.

e.g. u start the car and just remember u installed a new sri that u want to show ur mate. car must be turned off, bonnet opened and car restarted before u can show it off and rev it up.

e.g u get into a crash and the key thing gets smashed in... how do u open the bonnet to check if the engine is ok?

e.g even doing regular things such as checking engine oil and air filter requires u to find ur key before u can start work

see my point? i hate that thing with a passion!!!
you got a point, but for some of that i can just have the key with detachable clip.
Where does one obtain the rear wiper arm like that??? Looks ALOT cleaner!
i got mine off of www.ebay.co.uk (ive bought more from there than ebay.com lol)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i guess i have to reapeat stages 1 & 3:

the euro rear wiper had broken off during some rain. the wiper in the first place was already broken. when i was installing it, i had used to much pressure in trying to install it.
so ill be ordering a new one.

and my parts are finally painted!!!!!!!:

/
the parts were painted and healed and left outside untill i arrived. unfortunately, it rained so now the are dirty[bawling]. but all is good! they are finally ready to be put on!!!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks nice! where did you get the skirts and bumper?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
skirts i got from a member on here, they are svt skirts. and the rear bumper, i got from BATinc.net

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
cool thought so ;-) lookin good exactly what i wanna do, svt sides euro rear

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I like where this is going [clap]

mind PMing or posting how much the bumper was, shipped? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like where this is going [clap]

mind PMing or posting how much the bumper was, shipped? Thanks!
shipped, ordered, bumper lights and light parts is $640.36. and thats just for the rear from BATinc

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
did you get the double back up light setup or was that not an option.... i think when i order mine im going to ask if i can get both sides as back up lights... its dark backing into my parents driveway...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually i did order double reverse lights. not many people have that setup, so i just wanna try it out and see if i can pull it off.

normally, there is only one reverse light and one fog lamp(red). depending on which side the driver is, depends on where the reverse light is. soooo my reverse lights is one from the UK and another from somewhere across Europe.

and i know what you mean by how dark backing up is lol try backing up with no light and a small exit backing hoping im not hitting the fence.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
did you just ask them to send both as reverse lights? did they have any issue with that?

its sad, i have to turn on my under glow to get in our driveway so i dont go in the ditch... my parents place is in the country so no lights out there... when the sun goes down, its black! lol

1 - 20 of 113 Posts