Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Ford Focus first gen, 2005 zx4 to be exact and I have this issue where I put the key in and I turn it and nothing happens. No lights, no crank or start. I recently replaced the battery, alternator and positive and negative cables and still nothing. I was thinking it may be a fuse or the ignition switch but I recently found out it’s neither of those. The fuse to the horn is fine and when I honk I get no honk. I’m starting to think it’s something not transmitting power through the fuse box? But I’m not too sure. Hopefully I get the answers I’m looking for but if not then ill continue this project on my own. Any help is appreciated. The fuses are fine but something is not working if I’m not getting any power to the car. Ps the headlights aren’t turning on either.
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wiring is incredibly difficult to troubleshoot over forum posts.

I'm not familiar enough with the electrical systems in these cars to know what to look for first, but personally I'd start by getting a multimeter out and probing things.

For instance, the fuses might be fine (not blown) but do they have +12V at them when you turn the key?

Trace the battery cables, probe the ends of those. Make sure you have +12V going into the fuse box, or wherever the battery cable eventually connects.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts