Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night, I started up my Focus with the door open, and turned on my headlights to realize that one was burned out. I exited the car in order to investigate, and, out of instinct, closed the door. When I walked back to pop the hood to see if I could fix it, I pulled on the door, and it was locked. My car was sitting in the street, on, and I was locked out. I still haven't heard the end of it from my friends.

Does anyone know how to either delay or permanently deactivate the automatic door locks on the Focus? Cause they kick in like a second after you start it up, and it is easy to get accidently locked out... Help please?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
This is going to sound like crap... but there is something in the Focus manual (do you still have the one that came with your car?) about how to do this. Unfortunately, I left my manual over at my Dad's house. I will try to remember to look tomorrow after I get it back.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
So the other night, I started up my Focus with the door open, and turned on my headlights to realize that one was burned out. I exited the car in order to investigate, and, out of instinct, closed the door. When I walked back to pop the hood to see if I could fix it, I pulled on the door, and it was locked. My car was sitting in the street, on, and I was locked out. I still haven't heard the end of it from my friends.

Does anyone know how to either delay or permanently deactivate the automatic door locks on the Focus? Cause they kick in like a second after you start it up, and it is easy to get accidentally locked out... Help please?
hehehe My mom did that when I was at work she went to unlock the doors to get in the back and hit lock instead.. she locked the only set of keys IN the the car.. LOL 1/4 tank of gas I run home ( took about 2 hours I was 2 towns away and the cars sitting there idling ( also never heard the end of that one from the neighbors))

I got there and hoped ONE of the windows were open but no luck and slimjims were out of the question either I installed lock guards to prevent that :p

tow truck comes uses what looks like an arm band uses a wedge to pry the top edge of the door and jams it in, inflates and used a big assed piece of wire scratching the paint/door and handle and opens it... [hatchet] door never shuts right any more the door is warped -.- I cut 4 non Pat keys just for this occasion now hehehe

as for the delay I just read in my manual 01 wagon :( I don't have that option.. my car only autolocks if it hits 15kph thats it

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I lost my manual about a month ago. If anyone finds that article it would be pretty great. I only have two doors, and can reach across to lock both doors whenever I need to... THis is kind of an unnecessary feature. I'll check out that link that you sent, and see how hard that seems.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That hack seems pretty easy, I might do that this Sunday real quick. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts