I found that same info but i wasn't sure if that will work with a 2010 focusI was looking around for the same information not 10 minutes ago. I came across this site:
http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=38&ht=Seat Belt Minder Disable
Hopefully it works for ya. Haven't tried it myself yet.
Thanks, i will try this after work tomorrow.Here is the info directly from the owners manual.
Deactivating/activating the Belt-Minder feature
The driver and front passenger Belt-Minder are
deactivated/activated independently. When deactivating/activating
one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this will
terminate the process.
Read Steps 1 - 4 thoroughly before proceeding with the
deactivation/activation programming procedure.
Note: The driver and front passenger Belt-Minder features must be
disabled/enabled separately. Both cannot be disable/enabled during the
same key cycle.
Note: If you are using MyKey™, the Belt-Minder cannot be disabled.
Also, if the Belt-Minder has been previously disabled, it will be
re-enabled after the use of MyKey™. Refer to MyKey™ in the Locks
and security chapter.
The driver and front passenger Belt-Minder features can be
deactivated/activated by performing the following procedure:
Before following the procedure, make sure that:
• The parking brake is set
• The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) and in neutral
• The ignition switch is in the off position
• The driver and front passenger safety belts are unbuckled
WARNING: While the design allows you to deactivate your
Belt-Minder, this system is designed to improve your chances of
being safely belted and surviving an accident. We recommend you
leave the Belt-Minder system activated for yourself and others who
may use the vehicle. To reduce the risk of injury, do not
deactivate/activate the Belt-Minder feature while driving the vehicle.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the on position. DO NOT START THE
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (Approximately one
• Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt
warning light turns off.
3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the
safety belt nine times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled
• After Step 3, the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three
4. Within approximately seven seconds of the light turning off, buckle
then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable the Belt-Minder feature for that seating position if it
is currently enabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning light will
flash one time per second for three seconds.
• This will enable the Belt-Minder feature for that seating position if it
is currently disabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning light will
flash four times per second for three seconds, followed by three
seconds with the light off, then followed by the safety belt warning
light flashing one time per second for three seconds again.
A quick google search for "2010 Ford Focus Owners Manual" will give you many sites to download your own copy for free.
If there are any questions, feel free to ask.
I've looked through the link you provided and I cant find the info on the belts.