Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9/2011 built date 2012 Titanium with DCT, got it with only 23k - I now have 55k on it, and its going good so far - by the time I reach replacement from normal use totally on me, but if I have an actual problem soon - how would ford treat the warranty?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,484 Posts
Unfortunately, you've just about completely timed out of the last of your warranties. You're just shy of 10 years which is the end of the extended warranty for your DCT trans TCM(transmission control module). My suggestion is if it's EVER even once had a weird shift, shuddering on take off, delay when stepping on the gas from a stop, popped out of gear, anything at all I would take it to the closest Ford dealer and tell them that you are there to have the TCM replaced and updated. The TCM seal is also covered under this extended warranty as is an updated software reflash.
I think the emissions warranty also lasts 10 years.
There's a purge valve recall that is very widespread as well so if you haven't had it in for that yet ask them to do that as well. It will include a reflash and valve replacement(if they deem it necessary) along with a gas tank inspection and replacement if they see it is necessary.
This is all free work either from extended warranties or NHTSA recalls.
There are other recalls for any given year as well so there's probably more for your 2012 if not already performed.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have a 9/2011 built date 2012 Titanium with DCT, got it with only 23k - I now have 55k on it, and its going good so far - by the time I reach replacement from normal use totally on me, but if I have an actual problem soon - how would ford treat the warranty?

Thank you.

It will be out of pocket.... that car is out of warrant.... a new clutch will be roughly 2000-2200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts