Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have gotten their DCT’s tuned, how much horsepower have you gained FROM STOCK? Trying to convince my dad it’s a good tune...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I have Tom's tune and it's one of the best mods i've done to the car. The tune it self will not add a lot of HP. But it allows you to get the most hp out of any additional mods you might do, such as an intake or exhaust. The tune does improve the daily drive-ability a lot though. makes the shift a lot better and just makes the car more fun to drive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Tom's tune and it's one of the best mods i've done to the car. The tune it self will not add a lot of HP. But it allows you to get the most hp out of any additional mods you might do, such as an intake or exhaust. The tune does improve the daily drive-ability a lot though. makes the shift a lot better and just makes the car more fun to drive.

It makes a difference in acceleration I’m assuming? https://youtu.be/EC0COrBTEzE This video shows a focus going 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
A regular focus will never do 0-60 in anything close to 3.5 seconds. Not without a custom engine and transmission, anyway.

A stock focus does it in around 7.5 seconds, give or take.

Based on prior experience with other cars, a good automatic transmission tune is usually good for anywhere from a half second to 2 full seconds off 0-60 on an otherwise stock car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You want to convince your dad, I'd focus on how Tom's tune can help the act last much longer. Way better than Ford's software. For performance, one of my favorite things is when accelerating, there aren't as many "dead zones" where higher rpms don't mean more power. But if focus on the added longevity of the tranny to convince your dad

·
FF Affiliate
30,363 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
In my opinion the DCT needs a tune. I have Toms tune in mine and it changed how i feel about the car. Couple the time with appropriate mods and you can get some HP gains out of it for sure. My latest adventure has been adding the paddle shift to my DCT which has made the DCT a blast to drive with toms tune.

·
Registered
171 Posts
HappyJoker... the video you posted is 0-60kmh, not mph... Also, basically nothing is going 0-60mph in 3.5 with that much wheel spin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts