Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 2013 HB at the dealer the other day. They drove it and decided it needs repair. Next week they will put in new seals and clean the clutch. I asked about replacing the clutch and they said cleaning is all it needs. Apparently this is their standard procedure. Anyone else had this done? Is it ok to just clean it?

·
Registered
17,502 Posts
Nope the standard procedure is supposed to be to change any disc with oil on them. They're smoking you..............exterior cleaning will not touch any oil soaked up into the thickness of the clutch lining.

They may well be milking the car for more warranty work, here they often work on the same car 2-3 times and charge Ford for warranty work on every visit. Note how many have the cars worked on once to have to take them back again later for same issue.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'll move this to MkIII section where you can see more info. on this.

There's a std. list of repair depending on the tested symptoms, and yes - clutch pack cleaning is one of the possibilities. That diagnosis can change once it's apart as part of the process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well they changed the seals and cleaned the clutch with 4 cans of brake cleaner. They drove it and said it's ok and good to go. It doesn't seem to be much different. Then again, I didn't have a big problem with it before the repair. I've driven a manual transmission for almost 45 years. My first was a 302 ci 69 Ford Fairlane with a three on the tree. On occasion it would shudder too. I really miss that car!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Would you cut a hole for a Hurst today/

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Mustang in a sleeper body...

Gas Monkeys did a nice build on one, though the "chrome" body wrap was silly IMHO.

Gotta give you some fun here, even if the first posts were on a PITA.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well they changed the seals and cleaned the clutch with 4 cans of brake cleaner. They drove it and said it's ok and good to go. It doesn't seem to be much different. Then again, I didn't have a big problem with it before the repair. I've driven a manual transmission for almost 45 years. My first was a 302 ci 69 Ford Fairlane with a three on the tree. On occasion it would shudder too. I really miss that car!
Did they update the TCM? Mine took about a hundred miles of driving before I noticed a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts