Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update on my focus, took it to the dealer and somehow the guy misunderstood me thinking I had already got the update so they wasted 3 hours looking for problems lol which was actually good because they said they found no seals leaking, but supposedly they couldn't get it to make any noises or have any problems so they gave me the TCM software update.

It was all free thanks to warranty, but as soon as I pulled out of the dealer immediately I could hear the grinding/rattling but it slowly went away, it was shifting kinda funky, like it was a actuall manual and was jerking me back every time it shifted haha.

Right now it seems fine I did some WOT to run thru the gears and let it learn my driving style, so far so good.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Update on my focus, took it to the dealer and somehow the guy misunderstood me thinking I had already got the update so they wasted 3 hours looking for problems lol which was actually good because they said they found no seals leaking, but supposedly they couldn't get it to make any noises or have any problems so they gave me the TCM software update.

It was all free thanks to warranty, but as soon as I pulled out of the dealer immediately I could hear the grinding/rattling but it slowly went away, it was shifting kinda funky, like it was a actuall manual and was jerking me back every time it shifted haha.

Right now it seems fine I did some WOT to run thru the gears and let it learn my driving style, so far so good.
After the update it may shift "differently" for 200-300 miles as it learns driving habits. If you continue to have issues take it to Bob Maxey in Howell. Mine(2012) was diagnosed and repaired, new clutches and seals, within a week.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

As a career IT person, this bugs me in many areas. They just don't use the computer resources the have right in front of them. Their tech computer network should have already known that.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Clutch "touch points" (engagement) are often reset as well when doing an update, and depending how close the procedure gets them it can take some driving before they're fine tuned again.

That's the major adjustment the trans. is constantly monitoring during operation.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After the update it may shift "differently" for 200-300 miles as it learns driving habits. If you continue to have issues take it to Bob Maxey in Howell. Mine(2012) was diagnosed and repaired, new clutches and seals, within a week.
Yeah it was shifting weird at first and I've done about 400 miles and it shifts smooth but I still here all the noises as it did before...but it shifts perfect??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
As a career IT person, this bugs me in many areas. They just don't use the computer resources the have right in front of them. Their tech computer network should have already known that.
I know right.... It seems like techs don't know what there doing nowadays

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Clutch "touch points" (engagement) are often reset as well when doing an update, and depending how close the procedure gets them it can take some driving before they're fine tuned again.

That's the major adjustment the trans. is constantly monitoring during operation.
Cool, I decided to drive aggressive for the learning process....the shift points seem good, and it shifts fast on both upshifts and down shifts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just thought I'd post a update on my focus
So far with the update I don't have shudder problems..
The only problem I have is when from a stop and turning onto a rode if I punch it 1st gear revs out to 6500 rpm and then stalls for a second with a jerk, then slams into second with some wheel spin, after second gear reaches 6500 rpm it takes an even longer stall for about 2 seconds and the Rpms go down to 4000 (mind you my foot is to the floor this whole time) and then shifts normal throughout the rest of the gears.

So my question is WHY only while reining from a drop or maybe crawling at 5 mph turning!!!?

This does not happen when I punch it from a dead stop going straight, it only happens while I am turning?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts