Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally happened my dct threw out error codes and didn't wanna reverse it go higher then 15 mph. Anyone know what to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to the MkII Problems section.

Somehow this doesn't seem to relate to Engine Performance Mods too much, better fit here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What are the error codes?

Sounds like TCM which has extended warranty.

I had TCM go into limp mode earlier this year, it was only about 2-3 days to get part and repaired including over the weekend.

Mine had a message on the instrument cluster about transmission service, forget the exact wording.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the error codes?

Sounds like TCM which has extended warranty.

I had TCM go into limp mode earlier this year, it was only about 2-3 days to get part and repaired including over the weekend.

Mine had a message on the instrument cluster about transmission service, forget the exact wording.

I got these

I didn't get any message on my cluster

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you guys think I should do, just show up or call before I go? And does anyone know if they will lend you a car for the period being repaired?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
1 day loaner covered by ford IF it's getting a TCM under the extended warranty. Otherwise it's on the Dealer IF they decide to offer one.

Assume you have no extended warranty purchased to cover that.

Best to let them know if you're dropping a car off on the hook. Selling Dealer MAY be better than another one - BUT that's something YOU need to know about, we can't tell you about your local Dealers.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
It's covered consecutively under various warranties including the extension they offer to 10 yrs/150k miles.

B to B 3/36, power train to 5/60, emissions to 7/70? (can't remember that one) and then the extension.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I went to ford and told them the issue, the lady told me it was either a bad battery or the TCM, so they changed the TCM covered under warranty and apparently my battery was going "out" and she said they couldn't switch the TCM without changing the battery. Is that true

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
How much do you want to fight it? At least you got a TCM instead of a reprogram & sent on your way to come back again when it crapped out again.

Bad battery can cause similar issues, and transmission ones. If you wanted to get your own you'd still end up paying them for a reprogram for the new one and have a PO'd dealer for your next issue after making them take it out.

Sometimes a fixed car is worth the bill, particularly when you get an expensive warranty part the first time around.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Can you tell off of this is it was reprogram or changed, the lady told me they changed it but now idk. At the bottom it says clear codes

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Can't tell diddly from that page.

Both clutch/seal replacement & TCM replacement is mentioned, but nothing clear on what was actually done on that page.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Can you tell off of this is it was reprogram or changed, the lady told me they changed it but now idk. At the bottom it says clear codes

Do you have a page with the parts listed? It should show a part number if they replaced it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What do you guys think I should do, just show up or call before I go? And does anyone know if they will lend you a car for the period being repaired?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
They worked on my car for 3 days. Gave me a 2016 Mustang convertible as a loaner. My service advisor Pete is very nice. First time I reported the shuddering he made sure it was addressed.

1481904165631670206720.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts