Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 SE 11136 miles. Slight but not too bad of shudder mostly when it's very hot out. Only from a dead or near stop. Took car in for something unrelated and mentioned the shudder. Diagnoses. Need new clutches. Ordered (6 weeks). Reprogram pcm/tcm. No difference good/bad or otherwise in how car drives which is fine but now no clock. Stuck at 10:34. Gonna hafta stay that way until they replace the clutches. No more time to take car in available.

p.s. title should say DCT Bug. not but.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looked on this site for info on the stuck clock after TCM reset. Changing the setting to 24Hr time and back did the trick. Clock now displays correctly. I will make sure when I take it in they verify if the seals were leaking on the clutches. Not putting new clutches in with bad seals.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Clutch kits now include seals, no longer separate part numbers to get both.

Always done with a clutch assy. replacement.

(edited title)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clutch kits now include seals, no longer separate part numbers to get both.

Always done with a clutch assy. replacement.

(edited title)
Great to know, thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is it normal for cluthes to be bad already on a 2014 Focus?[80?]

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it normal for cluthes to be bad already on a 2014 Focus?[80?]
From all that I've read in over a year on this forum is it's expected but by no means normal. Heck, even the 2015, and 16's have had some issues.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moving this one over to the MkIII Problems section since it seems to keep going, General Tech Chat is primarily for DIY repair questions.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moving this one over to the MkIII Problems section since it seems to keep going, General Tech Chat is primarily for DIY repair questions.
thanks

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Unless your seals are leaking all the testing I have done it isnt your clutches causing the shudder and like most on here that have had the clutches changed 1 , 2 , 3 times the shudder was still there
I hope this isnt the case with yours

Tom

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a call today that the new clutches are in. Not quite 2 weeks. Have appt. for 8/3 to get them done.

·
Registered
367 Posts
In this summer heat, with A/c on, only minor wobbling with the 'newer' clutch packs, not the bad bucking/shudder. Reminds me of how my 2005 Sentra would act in summer, the older hydraulic 4 speed automatic staying in 2nd gear at stop signs or stop/go traffic. I'll keep eye on it, though.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the car back 1 week ago yesterday. Drives like new. The shudder wasn't bad but after new clutches it's totally gone.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got the car back 1 week ago yesterday. Drives like new. The shudder wasn't bad but after new clutches it's totally gone.
I have a 2014 with around 32,000 miles on it. My car also drove like new after my first clutch replacement. I'm on my third clutch replacement now and still drives like crap. As a matter of fact, it's going back to the dealership in a couple of weeks (after my vacation) for another round.

The only upside is that my dealership has been great. I never have to wait for clutches (or the TCM they replaced).

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 2014 with around 32,000 miles on it. My car also drove like new after my first clutch replacement. I'm on my third clutch replacement now and still drives like crap. As a matter of fact, it's going back to the dealership in a couple of weeks (after my vacation) for another round.

The only upside is that my dealership has been great. I never have to wait for clutches (or the TCM they replaced).
I'm speechless. No excuse for this many problems. My wife's 2003 Taurus has around 118k miles and other than wear and tear items no issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts