Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I like to defend Ford as much as I can, because I love my Focus (And Escape), but the way they are handling the DCT issues are a joke.

Luckily my dealer knew right away the TCM needed replacing, but I would hate to be in the shoes of some of these other guys take take months to try and convince the dealer there is something wrong

Seems like a great way to lose customers

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Thats funny/sad , I had never seen those before

Why doesnt Ford take the time and fix the programming ??????????? If I can do it I know Ford engineers can do it ?????????

Tom

·
Registered
304 Posts
I absolutely adore the Focus and am one of its more ardent defenders and champions, and when my DCT went bad the dealer and Ford both treated me personally quite well.

But.....this is shameful. In the treatment others have gotten, and in the way they've let the Focus and Fiesta join the ranks of the least reliable cars. Ford has a responsibility to do right by the car and more importantly all of its owners, not just the ones with stand up dealers that do the right thing. In those areas they've failed.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thats funny/sad , I had never seen those before

Why doesnt Ford take the time and fix the programming ??????????? If I can do it I know Ford engineers can do it ?????????

Tom
Idk Tom, difference with my car is night and day compared to how it was with 2016 TCM and last week's programming and new clutches.

Old TCM + old clutches was crap even with new programming before the TCM had flash memory failure

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idk Tom, difference with my car is night and day compared to how it was with 2016 TCM and last week's programming and new clutches.

Old TCM + old clutches was crap even with new programming before the TCM had flash memory failure
I had my TCM replaced a little while back. Thought my clutches were done, but dealer confirmed it was just the TCM had failed. Replaced it with, what I hope still is, the most recent updated one. While it was slightly better, it still shuddered and jerked at the same points as the original TCM did. After running Toms tune, the shifts are better & the shudder is virtually gone. I'm so happy in fact, I'm adding a cat back exhaust (prior to tune I said I'd never put money into this car).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts