Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ford dealership told me that to activate my daytime running lights i have to bring it in and let them reprogram the car????(I already have the relay in the powerbox under the hood) Is this fact or fiction?

·
Registered
607 Posts
if it was sold in canada then it should be standard... If they do it under warranty who cares.. Did you buy the car from the dealer or a private sale?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got it from USA only has 12000 still under warranty.don't know yet if dealership will do it for free

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
If it's free I say let 'em do it. I don't see why you need to "reprogram" anything for daytime running lights though [scratch]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
that is the service writer talking to the customer when he has no clue what he is talking about. most service writers are far from being car savvy. service writers can be bitched out for doing this. there isnt a flash for DRL's

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scrammer said:
that is the service writer talking to the customer when he has no clue what he is talking about. most service writers are far from being car savvy. service writers can be bitched out for doing this. there isnt a flash for DRL's
Ok if there isn't a flash for the drl and I have the R12 relay what else is there to check for? Thanks for the replys

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
why dont you just turn them on?

·
Registered
607 Posts
by law in Canada all cars newer than a certain year (can't recall) need DTL. I suggest just leaving your lights on and be done with it..

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
Moe-van1 said:
by law in Canada all cars newer than a certain year (can't recall) need DTL. I suggest just leaving your lights on and be done with it..
but the car wont pass inpection with out DTL and even with the stwich on the marker lights will still be on after the car is shut off

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
focusman6297 said:
but the car wont pass inpection with out DTL and even with the stwich on the marker lights will still be on after the car is shut off
Oh so it has to be factory? Like just turning them on wont pass? thats lame

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I cant figure out the point of daytime running light. If you cant see a car in the day time you dont need to be driveing

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Moved to: "Exterior Body & Lighting Chat"

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your right no DRL NO pass inspection and no insurance or registration,but with all the components there maybe this flash thing is right. Some usa cars have them ,

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
FUC&^% daytime running lights i rented an SE a couple of weeks ago in Miami, and it sucks BIG time!

·
Registered
152 Posts
You get used to em lol. I unplugged the DTR lights for a customer moving to the states recently. (ford exploder) maybe you need to plug them in? However, I do have 2 different wiring diagrams for focus's with and without DTRL. But a reflash? BS I bet .

·
Registered
411 Posts
i personally love DTRs, sooo much easier to see. Sure... you can obviously see a car without it's lights on, but with the DTRs glowing it makes things a lot easier in a quick judgement. Made law because it's such an easy thing for the manufacturers to do... and it makes life easier. so... why not?
mainly because it's a light on that'll grab your attention, but I think it makes it easier because when you're scanning you're scanning for yellow or white... not big shiny objects.

Trust me... driving to the cottage with all the side roads... you love DTRs

To answer the question at hand... no, there won't be a reflash. But there WILL obviously have to be some wiring done which would be a PITA do DIY. Seeing as these DTRs are all addons for Canadian cars, htere will be no existing wiring to just plug in, the wiring will have to be run... I'd just take it in, even if there's a charge.. it'll be minimal

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm getting a little confused here. OP says that they just need to be enabled, CheckMyVitals says they're an addon... addon hardware (lights), or just addon electronics/wiring to enable them? Are they the marker lamps or other lights not present on most US Foci?

My '06 SE doesn't have them but I'm curious as to how much it would take to get them. I end up turning my lights on a lot of the time anyway.

·
Registered
411 Posts
it's turning the headligths on when you start the car (or in my case... foglights) I can only imagine this is a wire job to the relay that doesn't currently exist

1 - 20 of 44 Posts