Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what fuses and or relays would be necessary to equip a 2014 SE Focus with DRL? If the car was destined to go to Canada then it needs to be standard.

My 2011 Fiesta had the equipment installed but not programmed. When I showed the dealer that the car did in fact have it available they programed them at no charge.

I would think all the necessary wiring and sockets are there but maybe not the fuses or relays. I can't believe they would build a different car for just the Canadian market.

Of course I could just throw a piece of black tape over the sensor and achieve the same effect. But with DRL I could get an insurance discount.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section, where you can find more info..

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
5 minute job to enable in Focccus software...
See the focccus software thread.

Its only an option to change in the body control module. No need to wire anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you expand on that? What control module? Where do I find it's location?

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
El Couz and Sailor,

Thanks for the info, but it's a bit over my head and expertise. I was hoping it was just a simple adding of a fuse and relay as in the Fiesta and then a program turn on to make it happen.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
El Couz and Sailor,

Thanks for the info, but it's a bit over my head and expertise. I was hoping it was just a simple adding of a fuse and relay as in the Fiesta and then a program turn on to make it happen.
In fact it's just a simple option to enable in a software... easier than installing a fuse or relay.

The only thing you need is a elcheapo ELM327 (10$) obd2 usb reader. (+Bonus, it read most car check engine code :) )
I deactivated my DRL (required in Canada) also enabled Hill Start Assist for free :)

Next is cruise control and HID lights :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I'm still a bit confused.

OK, I have an Actron CP9125 OBDII code reader.
So I will need to also get a ELM 327? This will have a USB adapter? Then I download the programs as referenced by Sailor. Or use the Bluetooth to reprogram the car?

Sorry but I tend to need a step by step guide for things like this. Today's cars and their electronics tend to scare me a bit. However, it does sound simple enough.

I viewed the video's on the referenced posts and I like the windows being automatic up and down when locking or unlocking the car. I wonder if that would apply to the moon roof also? Unlike yourself and many others I'm a big fan of the DRL and really would like to enable them. I don't think my dealer would be willing to just do it without me being able to "prove" that it's possible. Their funny that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts