Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]! Wouldn't that have been nice to have heard two weeks ago before I spent $180 and 2 hours installing the Philips LED DRL kit. Does anyone know anything about this company or pricing?

·
Registered
781 Posts
now these might look interesting. i used their contact form and requested more information and pricing. will post up anything i learn.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just read in some press release: http://www.pr.com/press-release/336882

that this company has introduced LED DRLs that dim automatically when you turn the headlights on.

I wonder if it's plug and play using some kind of existing harness...

http://www.echomaster.com/led-daytime-running-lights.html
Just got off the phone with echomaster, price will be $299. Seems somewhat steep, although there will be no cutting and fitting like some of the mod's seen here. The kit will come with a new back piece with the light fit already. I'm waiting in pictures, when I get them I'll post them[thumb]

·
Registered
781 Posts
hmm.. the extra $100 over installing those philips lights yourself is pretty reasonable considering they are giving you new grills with the lights already fitted in, no cutting up your originals yourself.

DRL's are nice to have but not a requirement for me, first purchase will be a new set of all-season tires and then window tinting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got off the phone with echomaster, price will be $299. Seems somewhat steep, although there will be no cutting and fitting like some of the mod's seen here. The kit will come with a new back piece with the light fit already. I'm waiting in pictures, when I get them I'll post them[thumb]
Try to get info on the wiring harnesses and where they plug into as well.

·
Registered
444 Posts

Just so its easier to see

those do look good

hopefully its not expensive to ship to Canada, and rather simple to install

·
Registered
198 Posts
I used to have a 2011 Fiesta and was a member of that Forum. Several members were able to add a factory relay and have the dealer turn on their DRL in accordance to the Canadian regulations that make it mandatory. This computer modification then made US spec vehicles compliant with Canadian regulations and their Headlights operated at 60% power when in the DRL mode.

I on the other hand would like to disable the Canadian DRL function in favour of this or similar units. The main reason is because if I switch my low beam lights out for other lights such as ultra Silver-Stars they will only last months being that they are operated continuously, and HID's will not work as there is insufficient voltage

I wonder if they would offer a group buy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
my only complaint about the after-market DRL's i've seen is on OEM DRL's, they turn off when your turn signal is blinking (only on the side where the turn signal is flashing), then back on after you've made your turn. i'm guessing this would be much more difficult to wire into aftermarket DRL's.

·
Registered
198 Posts
my only complaint about the after-market DRL's i've seen is on OEM DRL's, they turn off when your turn signal is blinking (only on the side where the turn signal is flashing), then back on after you've made your turn. i'm guessing this would be much more difficult to wire into aftermarket DRL's.
Up in Canada we have had DRL's available and then mandated since 1989. I have had about 10 cars with them, and never did they turn off when the turn signal flashed.

I know that there is an add on module available from WEB Electric for $40 that will change your turn signals from turn signals to DRL's and they can be set to stay on or turn off when ever the turn signals are activated.

I also know and witnessed today that certain Audi's do turn off the DRL's when the turn signal is activated for the specific side.

To my knowledge GM uses high beams at 50-60% voltage for their DRL's.
Toyota and Ford use low beam at 50-60% voltage.
The Canadian 2012 Focus uses low beam at reduced voltage for DRL's

As for the ability to go off during the turn signal sequence my 2012 Focus does no such thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My company deals with Echomaster. I'll have to see about getting a set.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd have to think about getting a set for myself. I was looking at the other forums about DRLs and got the idea then, but if this one saves you from cutting anything out to make the lights fit and made specificly for the 2012 focus, then it should be worth it.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts