Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi y'all, I have a small problem, my daylights ( running lights ) are always on, and even with the parking brake on,

my headlights don't come on without the key on,even with the switch on,

and I can't turn on my foglights with just the parking lamps everything has to be on

what do I do!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't have the foglights, but mine is the same way. Daylights on all the time, e-brake or not, and the key has to be on for the lights to turn on.
Donnu if they are all like this, but that was my assumption...
I have the same year car as yours also, maybe it's just the 2k's...

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 2000 SE was the same way until I did the mod. Love it now. And I do not have the DRL so I cannot help you there. :)

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Comment about the retrofit that saleenzx3 provided a link to. I would suggest using regular multi strand wire (14 gauge works well) instead of solid core wire. Crimp a spade terminal on both ends of the jumper wire. It fits much better and is more secure.

·
Registered
90 Posts
On the fog light mod, I read on one of the threads while doing research to complete the mod that someone took the cap off the relay that you remove in the mod. You then put something nonconductive in the relay to not allow it to close when the high beams are on and replace the cap. Voila. I used a 3/4" piece of huge tywrap. Slid it right in there, put the cap back on the relay and now it looks completely stock but the mod is complete. Looks much cleaner plus if you have to take you car to the dealer they will not have anything to sqwauk about. I enough folks are interested, I will try to take some digital pics of how I did the mod myself. Just another way to do the mod. :)

[:)~]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How will I fix my driving lights problem, I like to drive with just the fog lights and the parking lights

·
Registered
515 Posts
You can't fix it. You live in Canada and you have to have Daytime Running lights, I think it's a law up there or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts