Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my cat with an OEM like replacement. Has to be OEM like for the autocross class I race the car in.

Found this on Rock Auto . . . Does anyone know if it is truly for SVT? If not what would be a good replacement OEM cat?

Pic of Cat is not necessarily what it actually looks like btw.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thats super cheap, but I'll say this... my experience of aftermarket cats was absolutely horrendus! Cracked and broke 3-4 times.... I ended up just going with an ORP because its simpler and wouldn't break.

I didn't know that there was a cat for the SVT on Rockauto! Might be worth a shot.... find out your warranty options and if they provide advanced replacement option (if it breaks)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Need to replace my cat with an OEM like replacement. Has to be OEM like for the autocross class I race the car in.

Found this on Rock Auto . . . Does anyone know if it is truly for SVT? If not what would be a good replacement OEM cat?

Pic of Cat is not necessarily what it actually looks like btw.
I can't say 100% it will fit but it sure looks like it will to me as I just removed my OEM cat and put on a CFM HighFLow Cat

Here is the same cat on Ebay with a much larger pic (and price)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-2004-For...Vin-5-Catalytic-Converter-19246-/190788372186

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is a pic of the CFM and OEM pipe next to each other, the one you link looks similar to me.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
if you go ahead with the purchase of the cat keep us updated on its performance and if it passes smog...thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just bought one.

It's designed for the SVT VIN engine code 5, so it should fit.

It has the pre-catalytic O2 sensor bung in the stock place at the top of the converter. That guarantees the sensor will break.

I plan to install a new bung on the driver's right side of the converter, where CFM and Dominant both moved it.

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
ive never had an issue with that spot breaking sensors when i had a cat on the car. then again my engine isnt allowed to move around as much. plus i try and not bash teh header into stuff. poly mounts and remembering whats lowest on the car goes a long ways. also grinding some of that extra webbing away for some clearance usually helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I data logged my O2 sensors today and believe my cat is bad causing my p0420 code. The sensors are both throwing a very similar waveform and they are both new. Please let us know how this cat performs...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts