Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a very daunting experience while on a data log tonight

im living in central london, witch makes it hard to do a WOT, as there is always traffic, even on our freeways!!!!

i attempted my WOT, on a line of road, that has bends and hills, and stop lights at the end, so as soon as i join the freeway, i need to quickly attempt the 3rd gear WOT, from 2k, im there attempting it, and with one eye on the rev counter and one eye on the road, im building sped, its raining, its dark, and i reach 6888 rpm, then all of a sudden, i see trafic ahead, i slam the breaks, and my car swerved from side to side, i very nearly lost control, my heart was in my mouth,

Data logging is a very daunting process for me!!!!! it scares me bad!!!

just a moan guys, ignore me!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,564 Posts
I mean if I lived in the city and needed to get the car up to WOT, I would at least think of going out to the track or at least away from heavy traffic, which would put you a few miles outside of the city.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
IIRC it costs extra money to travel in and out of London guys.

That equates to a congestion tax.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah data logging on busy roads can be dangerous as you will often run out of room on WOT runs. A trip out of town or dyno time sound in order.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I have zero issues with logging and traffic.
It's nice not having to deal with traffic. Most towns nearby are in the under 3,000 people range.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You have to pay money to leave London by car??? We have toll bridges here in California (and some rare toll roads which you don't have to take ever) is it like that?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Central London daily fee for daytime operation (0700-1800?) doesn't sound trivial at 11.50 pounds before any discounts.

From what I read on it, you owe anytime a car is driven there during the daytime & automatic plate recognition cameras are used to check on payment vs. driving.

I'm sure finding some open road space is difficult, no quiet roads anywhere nearby.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
one of my buddies up in chicago had one installed on his car avoiding tolls and such.. shit was funny until he got pulled over for it while taking a red light he switched it on when there was a cop on the far lane.. iirc he got a shit ton of tickets lol one of em was for not properly displaying a plate, obstruction on plate, red light, and im forgetting the others he got.. but needless to say.. still a cool system.. lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lets not forget about the "average speed" cameras and stuff. England is not a driver friendly place anymore.
Well since I live in British columbia Canada. And go to the uk on a regular basis I'm going to disagree on this one. Usually the best part of my trip to the uk is driving through the countryside

40km over the speed limit up here can get your car taken off you for a minimum 1 week plus about $2000 in fees. The speeds I drive while in the uk are typically 1.5 times to 2 times what I do here in Canada and over there it is usually legal. However I don't usually venture inside the M25 by car. London is not a car friendly place. But the rest of the uk is :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Data logging won't kill.. Stupid driving in poor conditions will.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts