Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been happening off and on for a while. Thought it was somethjng to do with the computer so I replaced it but it still does it from time to time. When I go to start the car it doesn't turn over , make a noise, nothing. Just shows dashes on the odometer and eventually the numbers will come on and I will hear somethin release on the passenger read side and then I am able to start it. Usually does it the most when it's cold outside like it is here now. I have read a few posts about this same problem but it was different things on each post. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this to happen??

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Grounding points near the battery can have intermittent connection, and you can get those dashes when it isn't good. At that point the PCM isn't getting it's ground - that's how it's related to your PCM replacement guess.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I second the ground issue. Unscrew them, clean up the terminals and body with a wire brush or sandpaper, and tighten them back down with some dielectric grease to seal them up.

Toby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts