Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving today (2003 SVTF, 134k miles) and after going over a bump, the dashboard went nuts - the warning lights all flashed, the gauges all went to zero and back to where they were and the dashboard started clicking like mad. It went back to normal in a few seconds, but in the five mile trip home, it did it a couple of more times, once with the car stalling for a second or two.

Any ideas/possible remedies? Are we possibly dealing with an impossible-to-find short somewhere?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
"Electrical problem" is about the most exact cause you can get, really. Your best first bet is to check the ground connections in the engine bay to the battery, check that none of your fuses or relays have crept loose, and then check the electrical connectors on the PCM and GEM behind the glove box. Then check the gauge cluster connectors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had same thing happen in a former Focus I had. Culprit was a dying battery. When voltage starts to wane, this will happen. I'm surprised that a dead battery didn't leave you stranded soon after this started to happen....or maybe it did since the time you posted this. Installation of a new battery solved it instantly in my older Focus. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts