Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a 2016 Ford Focus RS. Has anyone experienced a noise coming from the dashboard when getting into the car (before turning it on) and then after turning off the car and before getting out. It sounds like a motor running or something. I also think the noise occurs when the car is on, but it's harder to hear with the engine running. It being a high performance car I'm guessing it has to do with the system electronics, but wanted to confirm.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Pretty sure it's HVAC system, closing the blend door or something similar. I've heard it in every RS I've been in.

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,760 Posts
My 2012 SE made servo motor noises in the dash as well. Sometimes I would be sitting in the car for long periods with the key out of the ignition and it would make those noises.
The HVAC system and the basic functions of the rest of the interior are mostly the same from trim model to trim model. The main difference is the dual climate control to the regular system but the SEL, Titanium, ST, and RS all had that DCC either as an option or standard and even so only certain parts of the ductwork is different from the standard system.
It might be your sound system going on/off too. The radio in the higher trim models is a much more deluxe unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts