Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so ive had my focus for a year now, and it sits at school in the same parking spot for about 8 months out of the year getting pouned on by the sun... so my dads always had dash mats in his trucks and they look cool and are functional... now im wondering if anyone here has one(pics would be cool)... and if they like them and from where? im thinking if i get one it will be black and maybe have FOCUS embroidered in it either facing the driver or facing like down the hood... any opinions...

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just have a window shade... one of those shiny tinfoil looking ones.... It keeps the car cool and stops harmful rays from hurting the dash and stuff..

plus it stops people from being able to see what i have in the car.... that up front, 35% tint up front, and 25% tint in the back.

id suggest one of these for when you park your car.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I say go with nightm4re on his sugestion and make sure you use protectant on the dash (armor all or equal)

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I have yet to see any aftermarket dash mats for the focus 'specific'.......

·
Registered
127 Posts
I live in San Diego and I see them ALL the time in random cars...never a focus though. Personally, I think they are horribly cheesey...like putting those cabby wooden bead covers on your seats or a oak tree air freshener....I understand the worry about the sun...just take care of your interior with armour all or something a bit better and use a sun shield....just my 2 cents

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a black one in my Focus. Go to your local auto parts store and I'm sure they have a dealer that they special order from. Don't know why they're considered cheesy but to each his own I guess.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i take care of my dash fine, just when it sits for weeks to months on end it gets dusty and bugs me

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
supposedly armor all eats the dash, i use meguairs or however its spelled.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
I was looking into a dashmat for myself. I will look at the dealer and see what they have going on tomorrow. I'll let you know when I find out.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I would not use Armor-All on a dash... it replaces oils in whatever material it's applied to, which means when you stop using it, your dash typically cracks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would have to agree with the others about the aluminum shield to put in your windshield. But I have seen the dashmats for sale at various auto stores. I haven't checked for a focus specifically but they had a book to special order them, so you might want to check advance auto / autozone / etc. as well as the dealer to compare prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts