Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or what? I have perfect eyesight but the off white and light grey used for the numbers/letters on the guages just doesnt have enuf contrast. As soon as u put on polarised sun glasses all the numbers fade away. Even w/o sunglasses they arent too easy to read

Anyone else having same issue?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not the blue guye, the off white is what washes out esp in the small center gauge w/ mft. The one rhat tells u what gear ur in

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not the blue guye, the off white is what washes out esp in the small center gauge w/ mft. The one rhat tells u what gear ur in
That's grey and kinda faded on my screen, but its certainly readable. I think it is controlled by the bright/fade switch for the dome and guage lights. Check that and make sure the brightness is turned up all they way.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope. Not just me as i found out today. I had two friends view the gauges w polarised glasses n they too said the same as i....that the lettering fades to almost nothing.
As for the dash lights dimmer.....it does nothing to change the situation. Grey on black is a bad call by any auto maker .....blk on white or vice versa is best for most lighting situations

·
Registered
425 Posts
I love the grey on black, with blue needles.
I was never a fan of the Pontiac BRIGHT ORANGE EVERYWHERE, which my last 2 cars had.
The old VW blue gauges, now those were hard to read at night.. SO MUCH BLUE

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well, I tested it out at lunch today and I can read mine just fine, sunglasses or no.

Guess its in the eye of the beholder as they say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts