Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how the dash board lights are green??? well i think there green in all the cars??? well i was wondering if there is a way to make everything the color red??? cause i want to put red acsent tubes under the dash by the foot petals and it would look kinda wierd to have green dash instroments and red glow from under the dash... can anyone help.............???[???:)] [???:)] [???:)]

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hope i made sence cause i dont know what to call those dam things. i hope i didnt misspell either.

·
Registered
650 Posts
look through this forum, there was a thread about how to change the color of your guages.. look into it, the mod didnt look very hard.. hope that helps..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no not the gauges i know how to change the color of those. i mean like the radio glow and air control and stuff like that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dude, sorry to be the bringer of bad news...[nutkick]

The interior items, such as radio face, HVAC cluster, and all of those things are almost.... (ALMOST being the key word) Impossible to change...

Granted you could make a radish 400 hp, it's all a matter of BLING BLING!! But the gauges, and knobs all have a plastic injection molded GREEN sleeve that goes into them... You would have to have someone make new ones that are clear.. I suppose you could try changing the light bulbs and put colored ones in.. But you still have to deal with the fact that what ever you put in is going through a HEAVY green filter.. The light bulbs themselves are clear!! The amount of green you see is from the gauges and knobs...

Could it be done.. YEAH...

Is it worth the hastle?? Depends on how much you really want to put up with as far as changing things, and spending cash!!

I know this sucks, but hey at least you know what you have to do if you still want to...

[thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Would those gauges on speedhut.com fit correctly in a 03 SVT? it does not say svt and im not sure if the other models have the same indicator light layouts. so i thought id ask before i buy.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
I'm sure that one could change the color... there has to be a way... I will find out and PM you. Give me after Christmas.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry to tell you Focus~Racer.... but I have changed all of my lights in the inside of the focus from green to blue. It is alittle difficult to do you must be confident with desoldering and resoldering. Because you need to remove the green L.E.D.'s and replace them with what ever color you would like. I did blue. If anyone needs help doing this mod let me know. I'd be happy to help.
Here are some pix.....

[IMGhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pcf0ee46947edb4be3aca2c8ac45963c9/fa075e61.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pdff40fce72987722cdb726573f0ab8fa/fa075ea2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pd63a38e1fcb99d42d453ac2718295b61/fa075eca.jpg[/IMG]

The first couple of pix look green but it is really blue, the flash was on and changed the color. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wanna know!! Tell me!! im me on AIM: ForgottenMind86

·
Registered
123 Posts
i wanna know how u did changed the color dude.ive been wonderin about that for awhile so im me on aol at somedudefromga77 sometime please.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
WOw

·
Registered
489 Posts
hey bro, could you explain it on this thread so all of us can read it at the same time
i have no fear of soldering, i've soldered since i was11 and i'm now an electrician.

help us out, it looks so slick!

1 - 20 of 226 Posts