Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my son a 2000 ZX3 a few weeks ago. When we bought it we knew it would need a clutch so I've been working on that in the evenings. After getting into the car a little more and reading the forum I decided to go ahead and do some more maintenance items including the lower engine mount. Most posts I read said it was a piece of cake but as usual when I do stuff if it can go wrong it will go wrong. The vertical bolt was totally frozen in the aluminum insert and would not budge. I tried several types of penetrating oil and it was no help. Tonight my goal was to get that SOB out of the car. SUCCESS! A little aluminum, rubber and steel was no match for a man with a decently outfitted garage and the drive and determination.

The new mount, control arms and a few other pieces will be here tomorrow now I am ready to get this thing put back together and on the road.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
sounds about right lol. on my 2001 I started to back the same bolt out and saw it was frozen good. just tightened it back up and put the pretty poly bushing kit on the shelf!

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
More like a torque mount can't stand up to a man with a articulating saw. lol,

I would have used the same tool, in-fact I did on the rear control arms.

EDIT: I think I remember you asking me a lot of questions on FordForums.com...... right? How's your sons car going, get that trans out yet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No articulating saw but a die grinder with a cutting wheel. Plus the impact to break the bolt after cutting into it about 1/2 way.
Got the trans reinstalled and the control arms came in today. Now I'm having a problem finding seals for the transaxle where the CV's go in. Any ideas? They were not leaking but I'm the kind of person that likes to replace inexpensive components when the aggravation factor is 100X the price while they're right in front of your nose.

·
Registered
210 Posts
remember to use plenty of anti seize on those bolts with the new one

·
Registered
438 Posts
Cobra5150, let me know where you find those cv seals. I have one leaking and can't seem to locate it on the net.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts