Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forums, but I have done a lot of reading on here in the past. I just need advice on what dampers or shocks that go along best with the Manzo lowering springs. I bought and installed the springs about two months ago because they were the cheapest thing I could get my hands on (I'm in high school and I'm really poor). As soon as I put the springs on the front struts they didn't compress very much. They don't ride too bad but whenever I hit a bump I can hear my strut tower slam. I just need some struts that are smaller maybe? I'm not too sure.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,474 Posts
What yr are those springs for? Need to use '06+ springs / same '06+ struts. Never heard of those springs....Did you even checkout the bst section 1st before buying those springs? Great to read the stickies at the top of the suspension section....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What yr are those springs for? Need to use '06+ springs / same '06+ struts. Never heard of those springs....Did you even checkout the bst section 1st before buying those springs? Great to read the stickies at the top of the suspension section....
The springs are for the 06-07 hatch. I'm pretty sure they also can be used in the Mazda 3 so that explains why the fitment might be a little off. Prior to buying them I did check forums for reviews. I didn't find too much other than it would be an aggressive drop: ~1.5in (probably more from what I've experienced). I'm just wondering if someone had the same experience and if there's a solution other than wearing out my shock absorbers and replacing them relatively frequently.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,474 Posts
If there a 1.5'' drop springs, use the svt dampers that'll work for the '06+ cars. That'd be the max low you can go w/ those dampers thou...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts