Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey ive been reading around a little and trying to figure out some stuff, i have seen some opinions but would like a full on opinion from everyone instead of just one....

i got the eibach sportline springs for my 08 focus ordered today, and was wondering would i be ok to put them on the stock assembly for a few months before i put on the dampers OR should i get the dampers before i put on the springs?

also, when i do go with dampers, should i go with eibach, or are any good named brands like KYB good to go with as well? i knwo mixing same brands are always a good idea...

thanks in advance,

leh0825

EDIT: 3/17: i have found a damper kit, now for a camber kit..... what do you guys think are a good kit? and is this necessary right off the bat? i know if its really bad that it will destroy my tires.... which need to buy new ones anyways.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Do it all at once. Sportlines are a significant drop over stock and you will burn up what's left of your stock units fast, increasingly deteriorating the ride and handling. As far dampners go, the Eibach's are fine. If you want adjustables, KYB AGX or Koni Sports will work.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Shorter stiffer springs require shorter firmer shocks/struts. The stiffer springs will overpower the stock dampers. The longer length stock shocks will bottom out and cause the suspension to ride, more frequently than not, on the bump stops. This will result is poor handling and ride quality. This is one of those proverbial "penney wise pound foolish" examples.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
I would get the whole kit. I have learned this from experience. I lowered my car 1.5 on stock struts and shocks and once i took them off the upper strut mount was gone, the shocks and struts were gone but i replaced them with used svt suspension then just put a new svt damper suspension on my car. Do the whole thing all at once.

·
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have my springs on the way, couldn't pass up the deal i got.... now should i get the eibach pro damper kit, or is KYB a good deal as well?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
i have my springs on the way, couldn't pass up the deal i got.... now should i get the eibach pro damper kit, or is KYB a good deal as well?
KYB AGX's (if that's what you were thinking about) are not really intended for that short of a spring. Naturally a shock designed for a specific spring is the logical way to go. That would be the Eibachs.

·
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
8,023 Posts

Those are the same as the SVT shocks but for 06+ foci. They are not designed for big drops or really stiff springs. I doubt they will work with the sportline springs (at least not for very long). From a price standpoint you can get them cheaper from Tousley or Hillbish Ford, CFM, or Capaldi Racing. There is another possible Ford Racing option. They are referred to as Dynamics (by Tokico). I believe the number is m-18000-zxm1. These are a serious shock and designed initially for Spec Focus racing but work well on the street with the right spring. The sportlines "might" work with these.

·
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
updated OP

·
Trying to Focus
1,881 Posts
As to rear camber options, Lyndel, I bought the SPC rear camber bolts from FSWerks to go with the FRPP kit I ordered (drop of about 1.5").

With your Sportlines, the ±1.0˚ of camber adjustment the bolts provide might (just) or might not be enough. You may have to look at SPC's adjustable camber control arms, or similar products available from C-F-M or HTPerformance, to get a greater range of adjustment. Quite a bit more money, but technically cool and better made than the stock Focus arms, for sure.

·
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought te camber bolts from cfm. If I need more then I will get another kit.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 13 of 13 Posts