Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Even if they did make one, there would be no way to afford one.

Would probably end up getting the FS turbo stage I and II before I touched that...

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
It only tops out at about 216HP. For $6k that's pretty weak.
Superchargers only seem to work well on large engines, like the Mustang, which can benefit an extra 150HP

For 6 grand you could get far more HP out of a turbo setup

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
i'm still surprised that no companies jumped on the focus SC bandwagon for duratecs, considering the successful sales of SC's for the Zetec

·
Registered
0 Posts
i'm still surprised that no companies jumped on the focus SC bandwagon for duratecs, considering the successful sales of SC's for the Zetec
Powerworks had a prototype for the Duratecs but it never came to fruition, the only thing I see is the lack of space, Egz and I looked at the space at a meet once and there's not a ton of space for one either without moving a few things

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
that's probably one reason.
i've never seen one in person, but the Cosworth intake manifold looks pretty big though and it fits [dunno]

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
ya but unless you have an 05 you have to move the power steering reservoir.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
want. Honestly a S/c should be able to fit if the cossie mani can. Probably a tight squeeze but come-on, this is depressing lol

·
Registered
783 Posts
turbo FTW... especially if its gonna be 6K.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
I really dont under stand cosworth with there high price of shit.......i mean come on who in there right mind is going to pay for some of that shit. it's like buying 100 jeans with wholes in them from Ambercromby & Bitch, if i want wholes in my jeans then i would buy a pair of $15 jeans an put the wholes in my self.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cosworth hasn't been able to release their kit for the Miata yet. I don't know what the delay is, but it was supposed to be shipped early August and things have gone silent.

Great kit, looks beautiful, but it's expensive and not even for sale yet.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Yeah in this case looks like your paying for the name...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The difference would be that they could make it CARB approved and pass emmisions for those of us in these types of states. Still it is a bit high, just would have been nice to have another option if it was a little less. Also realize there are people with the stage 2 kit and a Cossie IM, thats putting you right around 5K.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
the only way i would consider a supercharger is if ford released it like with the Jackson Racing of the past, then you could avoid warranty issues

1 - 20 of 43 Posts