Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend a friend lefta bad of ice in my rear floor-board. The ice melted into a puddle and the puddle was disgusting. I vacuum my car 1-2 times a week and it isn't cutting it. The water back there was black! This really sceved me out and I want to know if anyone has tried shampoo-ing the carpet in a Focus... I'm planning on pulling all of my seats out to do it too. Any ideas? [:(]

·
Registered
283 Posts
You're on the ball. I would personally steam clean it, as the heat will kill mold/bacterias which can also cause bad smells. Perhaps the blackness of the water is due to some of the carpets color "dyeing" into the water.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
No harder than it it to take the carpet out, id take it out and clean it and let it air dry outside. maybe do a little bit of Dyna-mat while its out.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
There are some clips along the sill...I found that out when I ran my amp wires...Actually I found out that the people who ran my FIRST amp wires broke the clips and left them under my carpet...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well yesterday I vacuumed it for about half hour (the vaccum was hurting...) and it seemed to get most of the crap out. I think BFFocus might be right about the dye perhaps bleeding into that grimmy water.

Clips on the sills? That makes sense and I'll pull the rugs out at some point and wash them really good. I need to finish running my AV lines and AC Power lines too so I have to pull the rug anyway.

Thanks again for all the help guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts