Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cd player in my svt keeps triping out today when i turned on my car it jus kept saying cd error does anybody kno of any tricks i can do 2 fix this i cant wait till 2morrow 2 go 2 the dealership im fixing this now

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cd's are like stuck in there i just press cd for it 2 go into cd mode and it site trying 2 read the cd for like 3min and then it says cd error or if i press ej it doesnt ej the cd

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright i was talking 2 my friend who has a focus and he says the cd's go out on the 6disc players sometimes its rare but does anybody now if that would b under warrenty

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol that thread is funni but thankz i jus toke it 2 the dealership and i got a new 1 b/c it was under warrenty but they got my cd's i wish i woulda read this b4 i took it. they say it takes 3 weeks 2 mail them back gay

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Remember that youre not supposed to play "bruned" cd's, if you are, the Ford radio will tend to do that. Most all late model Ford owners manuels tell you not too, just FYI.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea thats what the guy at the dealership was saying and if u put a diffent label on top of the cd that they can sometimes get stuck but he was saying it jus saying cd error it sould never get stuck which is what happen 2 mine if it breaks again i think imma jus switch 2 a differentface b/c i have 1 sittin at home but i jus like the 6-disc player but w/e

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I work at a dealership and see this all the time, but i did find that you can actually buy thinner cd's to burn. I use those and have never had to fix my cd player.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I found them at Walmart, of all places, lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
superfly092886 said:
lol that thread is funni but thankz i jus toke it 2 the dealership and i got a new 1 b/c it was under warrenty but they got my cd's i wish i woulda read this b4 i took it. they say it takes 3 weeks 2 mail them back gay

how do you use the MP3 capabilty of CD player if you dont plat burnt CDs?

·
Registered
369 Posts
superfly092886 said:
what mp3? i didnt even know it had that i dunno thats a good question tho
i was assumeing your SVT 6 disk changer was the same as my 06 changer which plays MP3s?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
aww i c i have the 6-disc but how much are r cd players worth b/c when i asked the dealership how much it was in case i wasnt covered by the warrenty and he said 580.00

·
Registered
165 Posts
I really want to know if there is a way to make the steering column controls work with any other HU. I would change the radio in a heartbeat if I could get the controlls to work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.