Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy here in Northern Virginia. I usually park my car by the curb and now I have not been able to move it for 2 days. Thanks to the snow plower guy for not coming to clean up our streets. The snow around the car is rock hard. Literally, its like rock, thats how hard it is. You need a hammer or shovel to break it. So my car's been sitting there and i've tried everything, still cant get it out. I finally managed to find some salt at Walmart, and I'll try that tommorow morning. These are the times I miss my Xplorer.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
oh i so know what ur talkin bout.
hehe i had th same plowdriver push th same snow n front of my car.
nah seriously wait till it warms up n aftrnoon.
w/salt n am+and a hammer w/ claw.lol
good luck and enjoy

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
A neighbor took a little backhoe and was plowing our driveway out and piled snow right in front of my car. Luckily Aaron wasn't home so at least we have one car out to drive. And that stuff is as hard as a rock!

·
Registered
122 Posts
this is snow? HAH i thought it was concrete colored white.. all the cars at my dealership are plowed in and cannot get out. so far we have had two plows broke, countless shovels and I can not count how many bags of salt have been used in a feeble attempt to melt this crap away

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha my dad is going to try something thats been unheard of. He just told me that he is going to take his pressure washer out and blow all the ice away, lolll.

·
Registered
536 Posts
yeah right now my car is stuck in about 6 inches of snow (mostly ice) in my college's parking lot, and im supposed to be going home for the weekend. all i have is an ice srapper, so i might have some trouble getting unstuck.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
mix the following items for ice melt
3 parts potassium pergemate
3 parts glycerin
1.5 parts water
do not let it touch your car or you, it creates a strong exo-thermic reaction

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mix the following items for ice melt
3 parts potassium pergemate
3 parts glycerin
1.5 parts water
do not let it touch your car or you, it creates a strong exo-thermic reaction
really? i've been trying to search for something to melt ice online lol. i'm sure i dont have those ingredient though lol...but i'll try to find em...ty :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
ok, we brought in two skidloaders, a bunch of pick axes and a pressure washer with heated water tank. So far the damage count is four Sentras, an Altima an Xterra and one 350z with cut tires from the ice. One Altima and one Quest with the exhaust damaged and we have not even got to the back lot yet. I can bet this storm has cost my dealership 10k minimum.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
ok, we brought in two skidloaders, a bunch of pick axes and a pressure washer with heated water tank. So far the damage count is four Sentras, an Altima an Xterra and one 350z with cut tires from the ice. One Altima and one Quest with the exhaust damaged and we have not even got to the back lot yet. I can bet this storm has cost my dealership 10k minimum.

^^ Ouch, that sucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts