Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know where I can find the side skirts that are on the Focus R or the Cammer RS8? They look so damn basic and better than the ones on my SVT.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Good question. I was about to recommend locating a pair from Europe (for the RS model), since that's what the RS8 is based on, but you know what? The RS has heavily flared wheel arches, and the skirts are designed with that in mind. If they even fit, it would probably look strange. So, I guess I'm not much help. [rolleyes]

I know what *I* don't like about the SVT skirts is that they are hard to clean, thanks to all those angles and surfaces. It would be much easier to wipe them off if they were flat, like the ones you're talking about. Keep in mind, though, that the rear bumper has a little "flare" designed into it to match the one in the skirts. If you changed the skirts then the bumper might look weird...

Here's a picture of mine, this is a good angle - see the "line" created on the skirt that extends into the bumper? Take away the skirt and that bumper might not look quite "right." Just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya, damn zx5 svt's have no side skirts and I hate it. Wonder if the zx3 svt's side skirts would clear the rear doors?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The lack of side skirts on the 5 door SVT is really annoying. WE GOT SCREWED!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with SVT4ME, if you change those skirts the bumper might look kinda off since that does line up so perfect

1 - 5 of 5 Posts