Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of upgrades would yall suggest for a daily driver ZX3? With the occasional street racing? Oh and without voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
440 Posts
anything you want too. 99% of people go cold air intake, exhuast and maybe a throttle body or cams. warrenty cant be void enless the part that you changed out is 100% the cuz of why what broke. so like you change out your exhaust and your cat goes bad your problem not fords. but if your head gasket blows and your exhaust didnt cuz it its coverd.. hope that helps ya out

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it did I was just wanting yalls opinion but thats gives me more of an idea of what I'm gonna do

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
if someone at the dealership doesn't like you, they will call ford and have the permently void your warranty for abuse. the only way to keep your car in warranty is to keep it stock, and street racing is bad... mmmm k

street racing =
6 points for racing
6 points for wreckless opp

6+6=12 12 points = so long license and when you get it back you get to have the special yellow plates (at least in ohio)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would go Cold Air or exhaust to start if I were you

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea I have a 2.0 for now. But I gues ill go with maybe exhaust and a CAI. Oh and I know a turbo is bad for a daily driver. But what about a non-intercooled turbo that puts out like 6 pounds of boost?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
are you ready to pay for premium fuel?

and no, an aftermarket trubo is never good for a daily driver

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so if I got the turbo I would have to start buying premium gas? And I figured since 6pounds of boost was kind of small so it wouldnt be that bad for a daily driver. Oh and I just checked the stats its not 6psi its stage1 is 8psi and stage2 is 11psi. What if I just got a stage one? And would a supercharger be just as bad as a turbo for a daily driver?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and who has the best headers for an 06' ZX3?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, it's really all up to you; if you're putting a turbo on, you shouldn't be worried about voiding the warranty.... If you want a little more go, get yourself an intake, exhaust, maybe throttle body and cams.. There's always the laughing gas option...

I think right now cosworth makes the only replacement header for the focus, but I might be wrong (and probably am)

As for the supercharger, I don't think there's one in production right now for the duratec focus. Yes, premium fuel though if you do turbo.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
draxas makes the only header worth buying having all 2 sperearte headers.
one for the pzev and one for the non pzev the diffearnces beiong the pzev has an extra 02 bung and an AIR tube...

the cosworth primarys are too large

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
If your car is going to be your daily driver. I would go with the CAI and a good cat back exhaust system. I have heard good things about Magna Flow. Also a good STS = short throw shifter is nice. And a nice set of rims will make your car look 100% better. It all depends on how much you want to spend. Power cost money..... lol.
Welcome to the site by the way....! I hope you enjoy your new ZX3!

·
Registered
527 Posts
i asked the techs at ford about installing aftermarket springs and struts, they said that the aftermarket piece has to be the cause of the failure to void the warrany. and yes im pretty sure any kind of aftermarket f/i will void any kind of waranty

·
Registered
440 Posts
well heres the story. you but an exhaust on your car your exhaust warrenty is void so they wont fix the exhaust everything else that is stock on your car is coverd!! and the part that is after market has to prove 100% that it cuzd it. but i know if you get ford motor sport stuff and have ford put them on it wont void a thing. and yes its a 2.0 focus but it has balls if you mod it. with what i got i can kill a rice burner and hold my own with most other non turbod cars. but if you want a fast car should have got a stang. if you want a car that gets really go mpg and can mod it up to beat a stang you bought the right car[}:)]

·
Registered
930 Posts
Nobody is laughing at me. :)

Cosworth headers are very nice, but the primaries are slightly bigger than I would want. They will be fine and won't be a problem, but they are intended to be capable of working on a balls out NA engine. I just bought one about a week ago to see how their header is, and after putting it on the other day, I can say that esp. from 3-7k rpms, this thing sings. It goes up much faster and much smoother.

It is quite loud and smells perfect now.

We are going to the track this weekend. Expect times. Expect 14s if the weather cooperates.

I'm going to start playing with my manifolds and stuff very shortly, and hopefully I can do some good..lol.

Honestly, if you aren't seeking retardulous gains, a draxas would be enough header for most people, esp. on a d20. Start with a good intake (marcy, focussport, F2, etc) and an exhaust system (depending on your local noise situation. An STS is a MUST. Throttlebodies don't give much in the way of power (within the error of margin on a dyno) and are mainly a throttle response modification. Suspension mods are great (but you will be waiting a few months on an 06) and the xcal2 tuner is also recommended down the road.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone know of a good clutch kit for the o6'? And why does it say on the draxas website that the header is for offroad use only? What king of catback system do yall reccomend? I live in texas but I dont know the laws here. I want a sporty soun but nothing that cracks when I floor it or sunds like a ricer. And how does the focus sport CAI rank against the rest? Anyone reccomend a good tachometer too?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts