Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a D20 focus right now but its got 204k on the clock. It eats oil more than a fat kid with cake. It burns crazy so I am thinking that it is either the valve guides or piston rings. I changed the valve cover gasket a couple months ago with helped it stop leaking into the spark plug holes. Would it be better just to swap the D23 instead of trying to fix the problems in the D20?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’m sure if you find a decent 2.3, you’d be better off. More power and plus it fits in perfectly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is also the 2.5 Fusion swap and the engines are cheap , The 2.3 Focus Engines are not real easy to find

Tom
I have read things that said that the 23 timing cover Has to be swapped over onto the 25 because it doesn’t fit inside the engine bay is that true?

·
FF Affiliate
31,032 Posts
There is a few things that have to be done to the 2.5 to get it to work , 2.3 timing cover , VCT Eliminators , adapter for the TB or get the new Esslinger TB for the 2.5 etc

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a few things that have to be done to the 2.5 to get it to work , 2.3 timing cover , VCT Eliminators , adapter for the TB or get the new Esslinger TB for the 2.5 etc

Tom
What is the VCT? Can you help explain what the parts you have to eliminate/ install on the 25 are for? Do i need to get the wiring harness off a fusion or can i keep the focus harness. Do i need to take a fusion trans too or can i keep the auto 4 speed? Thank you Tom!

·
FF Affiliate
31,032 Posts
VCT=Variable Cam Timing , You have to change these parts to get the 2.5 to work in the Focus , you use the stock Focus wiring and Trans

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VCT=Variable Cam Timing , You have to change these parts to get the 2.5 to work in the Focus , you use the stock Focus wiring and Trans

Tom
Last thing. The timing belt, do i need to use the old one or the one off the 2.5 with the adapter? Would it be easier to get the esslinger or the adapter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts