Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the BSD on my d23 and wanted to swap to a d20 oil pan because it has the oil return line already tapped into it for my turbo I tried to put the d20 pan on last night and no matter what I did it wouldn't go on. I searched around on the forums and some people have said that the oil pumps and oil pick up tubes between the two are different so the d20 pan won't work on a d23. Can anyone confirm this? The previous owner of the turbo set up was using this pan on a d23 but I still can't figure out how. Is there a certain way for the pan to go on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
it's always a question of the right combination. But for a turbo app I would suggest you to keep the 2,3L pan for the extra oil capacity (with BSD)
2L pump and pick-up tube will match your 2L pan
actual pump with a mod pick up will do to

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I ordered a new d23 pan because the original is corroded around the dipstick tube. I'm going to tap it for the oil return and call it a day. I think the problem I had was that the d20 pan was from an 08 or 09 d20. Previous owner said the pan worked on his ST's d23 but maybe ford switched oil tube pick up designs between 04 and 05. I know the 05 and later oil pick up tubes on the d20 are different. They have a different profile and angle into the pan itself.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,474 Posts
Yeah, I ordered a new d23 pan because the original is corroded around the dipstick tube. I'm going to tap it for the oil return and call it a day. I think the problem I had was that the d20 pan was from an 08 or 09 d20. Previous owner said the pan worked on his ST's d23 but maybe ford switched oil tube pick up designs between 04 and 05. I know the 05 and later oil pick up tubes on the d20 are different. They have a different profile and angle into the pan itself.
Thats what I'd do also. Hows the pick up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.