Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone has specs on the European D20HE. I have been reading about it on several different pages through Google, but so far I only have found out that it pulls 145 Hp @ 6000 Rpm
140 lb/ft @ 4800 rpm, and that it is turbo. Available in the Mondeo and Focus. Really havent found any actual specs on it to compare it to the american 20. Reason I am doing this is because I am stationed in Italy and can find these motors in the junk yard relatively cheap, and trying to find a motor to start building. Anyways I figured a factory turbo motor would be a good stepping stone on the way to that. Plus international shipping would be outrageous. Hopefully someone has looked into this and knows more than I do.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little more of what Ive found

2.0L FORD DURATEC HE – 145 PS

Engine Data
Engine Type
2.0L 16V DOHC Petrol
Displacement (cc)
Bore (mm)
Stroke (mm)
Fuel type, grade
Unleaded petrol, 95 (RON)
Max power (ISO kW/PS)
107 / 145
At engine speed (rpm)
Max torque (ISO Nm)
Max BMEP (ISO kPa)
At engine speed (rpm)
Compression ratio
10.8:1
Cylinders
4, in line with exhaust manifold to rear
Cylinder head Precision sand-cast aluminium alloy with sintered valve guides and seats
Cylinder block Precision sand-cast aluminium alloy with deep skirt and bearing beam
Crankshaft Cast iron with 47mm-diameter crankpins, eight counterweights, five 52mm-diameter main bearings and damped front pulley
Valves per cylinder
Valve gear
DOHC with direct-acting mechanical shimless tappets
Included angle between valves
29 degrees
Valve sizes (mm) Intake: 35.0

Exhaust: 30.0
Camshaft drive
Silent inverted-tooth chain with hydraulic tensioner
Pistons
Lightweight, short-skirt silicon-aluminium alloy
Connecting rods
Sinter-forged steel with fracture-split big ends
Engine management 32-bit Visteon Levanta with CAN-Bus and individual cylinder knock control
Fuel injection
Sequential electronic fuel injection (SEFI)
Ignition
Electronic distributorless
Emission controls Underfloor closed-loop three-way catalyst with oxygen sensor (manual transmission models); Close-coupled and underfloor closed-loop three-way catalysts with oxygen sensor (automatic transmission models)
Emission level
European Stage IV capable, with electronic on-board diagnostics (EOBD)III

Pistons Lightweight aluminium silicon alloy with low-friction molybdenum coated skirts and pressure-balanced ring pack
Connecting rods Sinter-forged with fracture-split big ends and wedge-profile small ends
Engine management
32-bit Visteon Levanta with CAN-Bus
Fuel Injection
Direct, Bosch VP30 axial piston fuel pump with pilot injection
Turbocharger
Allied Signal GT 20/17V with intercooler
Emission controls
EGR and oxidation catalyst
Emission level
European Stage III

·
Registered
534 Posts
The specs don't sound like those of a turbo engine. The horse power is too low and the compression ratio too high. In fact, it sounds like the standard 2l engine.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your input, i am going to go to the junkyard tomorrow and see if they still have one of the focus' there still and take a couple photos of the motor and post them up.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i did some more searching and came across some disappointing info. The Ford Focus Mk2 is available in the following engine sizes:

The engine line up for the Mk 2 is a mixture of old and new. Revised versions of the 1.4 L and 1.6 L all aluminium Zetec-SE engines from the previous generation Focus were carried over, although the units were now renamed Duratec, with the addition of 1.6 L Duratec Ti-VCT engine with variable valve timing.
The 1.8 L and 2.0 L Zetec petrol engines of the original were heavily revised and renamed Duratec HE. This engine is not based on a Mazda MZR engine as in the American Focus, and is very different to the smaller 1.25L, 1.4 L and 1.6 L Duratec engines (which are versions of the Yamaha-developed Sigma/Zetec-SE engines first used in the 97 facelift Fiesta).
The PSA-developed Duratorq Diesel engine in 1.6 L 90 hp and 110 hp editions, Ford's own 'Lynx' Duratorq 1.8L 115 hp diesel carried over from the previous model and the PSA DW10 diesel in 2.0 L form rounds off the range in standard Focus guise (this is a different unit to the 'Puma' diesel in the Mondeo).

Anyways very disappointing for myself but I also came across some info on the focus rs.

The Focus RS featured a turbocharged version of the 2.0 L Zetec unit producing 215 bhp (160 kW) and 310 Nm of torque, although badged a Duratec-RS.

not sure exactly what year that refers to or if its old news to the zetec guys. maybe the europe zetec is different from the american as the duratec is but if not, possibly something to look into

1 - 5 of 5 Posts