Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the D series clutch pack and software update done a little over 6 thousand miles ago on my MK3 Hatch and it has been great. All issues gone; It is performing as originally intended. Nice shifts; good response; no shudder; excellent behavior even in parking lots and stop and go driving.
If this car keeps driving as it drives now I will keep it for as long as it keeps running. I drive it like what it is "a manual transmission with computer auto shifting" As such it has it's own characteristics distinct from a torque converter type tranny but I can see many benefits now that it's running as it should.
I have heard there are many still running great after 127k and beyond.
I feel the overall car is the best compact I've ever owned and in many ways the best car I've ever owned period.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I don't have a DCT ... now they are at which revision ... F ?

Otherwise great if everything has been fixed! :)

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
good to hear man. i agree with everything you said. i have a 2014 with DCT. i have not had any updates as i'm assuming mine came from the dealer already with it but i will say my car drives and shifts exactly how it should. definetely the best compact i've owned. love this car.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The build date on my car is 09/2014. I can only assume I have the latest revision on the software, clutch, and seals. So far no issues at all with the transmission, feels like a dual-clutch auto should.

My previous car was a DSG transmission in a Jetta TDI so I already knew what to expect for transmission behavior.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have REV D was done last July. im at 50,000 kms (31,000 miles) after the repair im now at 90,000kms total still good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got the D :)

I also have the rev d clutch after receiving a previous one which didnt work. This new clutch had a couple moments early in its install that made me lose faith, but im a couple thousand miles in and its been doing just fine so far. Here to hoping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts