Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. I am quite the amateur mechanic just fairly mechanically inclined and with the help of forums like this I have been able to do some things with my cars I never thought I would be able to do.

I have a problem with my 2001 2.0 sohc I just bought it and it started running rough the other day, engine light came on read cyl 2 misfire. It hesitates when acclerating, the speedometer will sometimes go nuts when it misfires and when you get up to 70 on the highway if you floor it it seems to have poor accleration from there. Im changing plugs and wires today and hoping thats it. Does anybody have any insight or other possible ideas that it might be.

Thanks

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
On a high mileage SOHC Focus motor, a simple compression test would be high on my list of things to check if I got a code for a single cylinder misfire and the engine ran rough.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
On a high mileage SOHC Focus motor, a simple compression test would be high on my list of things to check if I got a code for a single cylinder misfire and the engine ran rough.
This. Beware the dreaded valve seat drop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just changed plugs and wires, heading to work, keeping my fingers crossed thats all it was. It had autolite plugs in it, I replaced with the motorcraft platinum.

How do I test coil pack?

Is a compression test something I can do or something I need to have done?

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts