Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced both front OE axles in October 2019 (209k miles) upon noticing both had tears in the boots. I replaced them with CarQuest axles from Advanced Auto.

A few weeks ago, I noticed both of the new CarQuest axles have also developed cracks in the boots (see pictures below) after ~4k miles and 10 months of a ~50 year old driving in a stereotypical manner to work on modern roads.

AdvancedAuto was great in honoring the warranty. They were easy to work with....they couldn't have been better!! I found it odd that BOTH of the CarQuest axles developed tears in the boots. Per chance, the store manager was working with me on my claim. I asked him if he sees a lot of these CarQuest axle boots tearing. He said he doesn't and mine were the first he's ever seen. Yay me....I guess there's no need for me to continue buying lottery tickets!! :)

Just sharing for the benefit of others in the future...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Thanks for the post. Welcome to the new world of totally CRAP aftermarket auto parts. Everything is becoming like this. And before we all start sceaming 'made in china!' keep in mind that behind EVERY chinese made product sold in the US there is an American businessman dictating price - and hence quality.

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts