Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have an ST170 and need to replace the CV boots --but I am wondering if there are decent axels to just swap in because I don't want to do boots only to find out the joints are blown a few months or even a couple years later.

There's only one guy in my town that rebuilds axels and he doesn't have an ST170 axels, so I'm stuck getting things on eBay. Anyone have a recommendation on a set of aftermarket/reman axels that will ship to Australia?

Thanks

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Whatever axle you get, make sure its for a st170/svt as it needs to fit your Getrag 285 trans.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I would call up Chris or William at C-F-M for that. They likely can procure any type of Axle you need and ship it to you. Does Rock Auto or Orileys not ship international?

Looks like Rock Auto has the Cardone Select:
CARDONE SELECT 662171 {#2M5Z3B436AA} Info
Front Right; SVT Model

CARDONE SELECT 662170 {#2M5Z3B437AA, 2M5Z3B437BA, 8S4Z3B437A} Info
Front Left; SVT Model

These are new and not Reman. I heard once that Reman were actually better as they were the cores of the OEM and the OEM did better balancing of the shafts than New aftermarket ones. Not sure how true that is.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2004,focus,2.0l+l4+dohc,1434123,drivetrain,cv+half+shaft+assembly,2288

1 - 5 of 5 Posts