Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so first off i looked through the threads and idk if this is the right one, (although its a performance related question?) so sorry if this is the wrong place. Ok so as i have put before im in cali and have done almost as much as i legally can to my engine to increase power, and keep it smog legal. still not satisfied with my mainly 4th and fifth gear acceleration. (i know i could get new gears clutch etc to improve this) but thats a little out of my price range. So i am looking to cut weight to help with the acceleration a little. I make a decont amount of long trips so wanna avoid removing the spare, but i wanna remove the back seat + belt assembly. What all else can i remove other than the spare and obviouslt stereo compents which i wanna keep also, that will help? And how much weight will the back seat delete and belt delete cut round about? Will that weight make any little difference at all? Any help appreciated-john

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i got my car down to under 2400 w/ a full tank. (2580 on a truck scale w/ me in it)

it takes a lot. it depends on how drastic you wanna go. by just pulling out the rear seat, you won't gain barely anything. you need to pull out alot. like carpet, put in lighter seats, cut out extra metal, remove headliner, all un necessary plastic. then you can pull of some heat sheilding, bumper support, etc. its alot for a little, just depends on how far you wanna go. so unless you wanna do just drag race, its not necessarily worth it.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
lol, i should post up pics of mine when it was all done if i can find them. cause i had actually pulled out all the NON structural metal by grinding and cuting. so pictures the inside of a car where the only thing exposed is the rear subpanels, etc. you can still drop about 30 lbs by cutting.

·
Registered
529 Posts
lol, i should post up pics of mine when it was all done if i can find them. cause i had actually pulled out all the NON structural metal by grinding and cuting. so pictures the inside of a car where the only thing exposed is the rear subpanels, etc. you can still drop about 30 lbs by cutting.
It's in the plans. I have lots of stuff I'm going to chop out come springtime. I'm hoping for more then 30 pounds worth though. [:D] Post up the pics!

·
Registered
105 Posts
My car has is missing everything(seat brackets etc.) but the dash, front door panels, center console and front seats. With a full tank without me its at 2400lbs exactly.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Rear seat delete is about 50lbs. You could take out your passenger seat too. They are heavy. Rear seat is all I did but it was more for function and I plan to deck the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts